Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 8
Ducky
C
H
E
S
K
A
She didn't flinch at his approach, but something dark came twisting around her heart like a snake. She wondered briefly if she should have summoned one of her more imposing shadow companions for this particular trek. Not that it would do much good, but he didn't have to know that. She'd practiced her craft more than a few times since its discovery. At the very least, a massive shadow bear summoned from nothing could scare away a few interloping squirrels. It could work on an overly friendly stallion or two, if- Settle down there, sugar.

Cheska bit down the rest, nerves flaring at the old impulse. She'd thought those wounds had healed with time, but apparently not. She was only glad for the brainless impassive smile still affixed to her face like a mask for all of the half second the thought process took. Oh, you're such a charmer. Suspectin the worst before you've even got a name. Aren't you sweet? With the next uninterrupted exhale, her misplaced distrust crawled back into the darker corners of her heart and once again, she could see him for what he was. Nothing but a traveler, not unlike herself, and in need of help. When had she ever been able to turn down another in need?

"Now that I can help you with," she agreed gently. She could almost remember where the stream cut through here, but she had more than a few tricks up her sleeve. She scanned the horizon until she could see the hawks circling. Predators were wonderfully predictable that way. There was no prey that could survive without water. She gestured toward the raptors. "Follow me, 's too hot to being goin without water." Utterly oblivious to any undue attention, she took off at a slow amble. She didn't move a whole lot faster these days. She had too much heft to be dragging around in the middle of summer. Truly you are a goddess among equine.

Her tail, long and thick, swatted away a few stray flies. Ensuring the path ahead was clear, she turned her head toward him. "You've found yourself in Helovia," she explained. She still didn't like how her accent seemed to trip over its name. Something about that L. "And I suppose I've found you. 'M Cheska. Lady of the forest. Queen of absolutely nothin. Adventurer and explorer." She chuckled. Oh, but the storyteller still had her flair for the dramatic.

OOC ||
tags || @[Gaius]
Image Credit

◊ please tag Cheska in all posts
◊ full permission is granted for minor powerplays including
touching, placement and superficial injury

Messages In This Thread
Merlin's Beard! - by Gaius - 03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: Merlin's Beard! - by Cheska - 03-04-2015, 07:02 PM
RE: Merlin's Beard! - by Gaius - 03-04-2015, 07:20 PM
RE: Merlin's Beard! - by Cheska - 03-04-2015, 07:49 PM