the Rift

Bird Food.

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The final trial loomed, a barb, a thorn, an illusion entangling his throat. The child let loose an inaudible sigh, relieved to have found something the raven enjoyed, capable of carrying on into the finale. But the query left him reeling: why did he deserve the egg? He pondered, he wondered, he questioned and claimed, mulling over the contortions that had brought him here, in this place, to this stead, trying so desperately to snag the artifact. Wanting wouldn’t be enough, simple greed and avaricious needs wouldn’t avail an object to be his – if such things were the case, anyone who wanted anything would be able to grasp and clench and steal merely because they longed for it. His mind recalled the bright days of Adelric’s companion, embarking from his sullen shell, shaking out tiny, quivering limbs and bleating for the spotted child – Erebos had relished for a companion of his own since that very moment. What would it be like to connect entirely to another being? How would it feel to always have someone with you, no matter the circumstances, no matter how frightening the experience, no matter the monumental task? How would it feel to know you were never alone, even when your friends disappeared, even when your friends meandered, wandered off, took to other quests and duties, while you were left in the dust? How would it feel to know another being had your back, protected you, ensured your security, and you to theirs, blessed and anointed and consecrated in unsung, unholy power? How would it feel to know that together, you could do anything and go anywhere? His heart soared at the series of convolutions, struggling to piece all the nuances, all the notions, all the sentiments surrounding his frame. He’d tried several times moreover and failed. How could he convey it to the massive bird that this time should be different? That the egg should be his? A mercenary maelstrom drummed in his chest, a scoundrel interlude wove its way through his throat, but he shackled them away, and only spoke the careful tethers of a polished prince, deep gaze burrowing into the winged creature’s eyes. “I watched my friend’s companion come into this world.” Tiny little Tobias, full of life and vigor, unfolding in the midst of caverns and caves, had offered him all the dreams in the world. “Ever since then, I’ve wanted one. Someone to share experiences with. Someone who would always be with me, even when no one else was. Someone to share power with. Something to protect, a purpose, an ambition.” He had so many of them, gilded, gleaming aspirations, but winning a beloved of his own was on the top of the list. What happened thereafter could be their own adventure, a tumbling, spiraling reel of myths and legends. “I’ve tried several times before, but failed. I was hoping this would be my chance.” He ended it on a slight grin, cheekily dipping into a wry dimple, an impish feature. How many more opportunities would he face to be granted this wish?

OOC;;
[Erebos wants a companion to share experiences, power, growth, and ambitions with. He tells the raven this. ;D]

Wishlist - Kitsune with Dark Illusions magic

Refusal One Refusal Two

TAG;; @[ ]

image credits
- table by Niki -

Messages In This Thread
Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-05-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Auriel - 03-06-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Erebos - 03-07-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: Bird Food. - by Kipling - 03-07-2015, 12:25 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Arya - 03-07-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Bird Food. - by Random Event - 03-14-2015, 07:12 AM