the Rift

[OPEN] Still in time

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Did I send a shiver down your spine?
Well I do it all the time, it's a little trick of mine.

I roamed the roaring land that never quietened accept for in the dead of winter, not even when night fell and darkness enveloped it. I had grown used to the sound of crashing water to the point it was calming and a familiar homely noise. It was perhaps the one point of winter I didn’t like, when the cold claimed the falls in an icy grip that froze it there until warmer days came. The silence of Frostfall was uncomfortable though I could say it wasn’t nearly as unbearable as the heat that had come this summer and I was quite glad for the cool spray that came from the cascades. During the day I sheltered near it and travelled when the sky was cloudier, taking the edge off the sun. My dark coat attracted the blistering rays in a way that made me feel like I was being cooked alive. For me, this hideous summer could end and I would rejoice in its departure. When the night had fallen I began to move away from my cooler spot and on to patrol the herd, I much preferred to conduct my duties undercover anyway.

I start by the meadow, the place where most of the herd meetings were held and a place I had bored myself to death many times. Such gatherings always seemed to drag on, even when I was the one in charge of them, I liked to gather what I needed and then leave. If only to stand openly for a few minutes, I didn’t much like the roving eyes and the many minds that would surely judge me. I know that if it was possible to lead from the shadow then I would quite gladly and let Midas be the front man. Alas, I seemed to miss so many things this way. In fact, my current position seemed almost ‘name’ only these days as I stood beside a Czar so well known. Still, it suited me fine and I struggled to push myself away from this mind-set that it was okay to remain in his shadow. I knew that if I was to make this moment more worthy and instrumental I had to step out of this comfortable skin, but it was easier saying it than doing it.

Eventually my travels bring me back towards one of the borders, Fantôme bounding along in front with his nose to the floor. It seemed as each day passed he learnt a thing or two, his personality slowly being shaped as he learnt what it was to be a wolf beside a winged horse. I found his eyes on the ground were becoming quite useful to me even if he did wander often and get distracted quite easily. This time, however, he picked up a familiar scent and I watched him track off towards was a scattering of trees near the border to their land.

I followed him curiously, wondering if he had actually found something or whether he had just sniffed his potential midnight snack. I would be quite vexed if there was nothing but a frightened rabbit at the end of this. In the end, his trail led not to something but to someone and my gaze became surprised as I found Ophelia standing by a tree with her familiar, silver dragon patrolling the sky. She was encased in intricate armour as if she'd come for a battle and something precious looking shined in her mane. Lastly, atop her horn was a ball of light that made it hard to look upon her face and I found myself wondering if even she could see around the shining sphere.

"What can I do for you, Lady of the Basin?" I asked curiously as Fantôme came to rest at my side, quite happy with his work.

@[Ophelia]

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Still in time - by Ophelia - 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Still in time - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Still in time - by Midas - 03-08-2015, 10:14 PM