the Rift

[OPEN] Still in time
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

midas
LINES IN THE SAND
Overhead the unblinking eye is slowly making its way across those vast heavens. A silvery shadow slips beneath sterile diamonds, adolescent hollows are tipped with frost and ice. The essence of winter, despite the comfortable air of another misty Tallsun eve. She soars in a wide arch over our patrolling sector, while I stand uptop a prearranged station overlooking the lower valley. Close by, another Zephyr is perched, her glowing crown tucked neatly away in the fold of one flaming wing. The soft breath of sleep is lulled within her lax breast.

Tis quiet. Moments like this allow the conscious mind luxury to wander where it will. Concentration fades to Africa and our fledgling cherub... both are nestled away. Small miracles. I'd never considered (with my previous failures still continuously plaguing) to be granted an opportunity to sire again. Yet here I was. A father and a mate. The herd ever upon these shoulders. That dappled sunchild, the savior, overlooks my faults; she lingers by my side despite it all.

Just as my heart found sweetness, a tart sadness is quick to follow. Those fond ideals take an expected turn, they swing fluidly to Ranjiri and her elder brother. A sigh whelps, drawing free as a groan...My heart would forever pray for their well being and despite whatever their reservations I yearned to embrace those babes of sun and sand...mend a ever widening rift.

_______

Gaze drifts lower -- lingering with sudden interest upon the dark canopy and it's tangled mass of limb, vine and leaf. Like a huge spiderweb that trapped all manner of prey within.
Neve had taken notice of an unusual object navigating our airspace near the border. I receive flashes, images of a metallic frame that is slender like herself -- yet entirely opposite in its design. She coos worriedly. These distant eyes narrow, peering hard toward the canvas of shadow. Behind me, a pair of awakened orbs rise from their nest; streamline skull shifts in the direction of her sister. Sleepy gems hard to awareness, taking on a familiar glistening edge.

My honeyed pinions unfurl from their sweltering sheath, I take to the wind.

______

It quickly became obvious that this wasn't just any serpent. Nar, only one lady upon my memory was bonded to such beast. She stood below with my colead, amid the thunder and dim light. I drop lower, casting a pale shadow across their loose canopy and swaying flora. What did the pale one want?
Feathers slow their heavy rhythm. Limbs extend and find the supple soil beneath, a welcoming mat. I lift my head, with lips curved and embers surprisingly soft, nonthreatening.

"Hail Ghost," chin tucks sharply, drifting lower to my chest, "Ophelia." Darkened brim lifts, glancing expectantly at the ebony lady. Overhead and at a distance my avians circled.
image credit

Word count: 475
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Still in time - by Ophelia - 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Still in time - by Ghost - 03-07-2015, 05:47 PM
RE: Still in time - by Midas - 03-08-2015, 10:14 PM