the Rift

[OPEN] Puzzles in wonderland

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the girl.

The girl hadn't learned the term hybrid yet. Or tribrid for that matter. She knew that she was different from those in the Edge, but she assumed that was merely because of her godly lineage, not because of any fundamental differences in her genetic makeup. However as the prince offered a difference in species as the foundational justification for their differences the girl felt satisfied. That did make sense.

It still hadn't clicked that she was in bird form.

As he described the traits his mother and father had passed down, and their species, unicorn, the bird-child nodded her head with sudden clarity and understanding. So that's what it took to be in these lands, one must be a unicorn. It made so much more sense to her, than previously when she had tried to distill their traits down to identifiable features. Some unicorns had lots of horns, others had oddly placed ones. Apparently cloven hooves and lion tails were not necessary features ... were they sufficient? Did all and only unicorns possess cloven hooves and lion tails? Silently she wondered. Did the prince know the necessary and sufficient conditions for Basin entry? He must. Just as she was about to ask, her thoughts were interrupted.

Isn’t that why your face is different from all the other ravens? Because you were born that way?

What? Ohhh.

The raven-girl shook her black-painted skull. Her small avian body leaned forward as her blackened wings swept out from her sides to catch her. As she descended from the tree, her body began to expand and re-shape itself. Legs, splattered with blood-like markings extended from a body no longer blackened with feathers. Her ravens' wings grew, lost their black sheen, and became mismatched in colour. The skull markings and her golden eyes were all that remained the same on a face which had become distinctly equine, though possessing for four horns.

"I was born this way." The girl clarified, the voice coming out of her mouth suiting the form that she was in now. "Well. Smaller, but like this." She folded her wings against her flanks, as her bright golden glare regarded him now much more evenly. The girl appeared nearly half the prince's age, but already she was quite tall and lanky. Her feathered hooves suggested that one day her narrow frame might extend and bulk outwards, but for now she looked more like the girl-on-a-growth-spurt that she was.

"But I suppose you are right. My mother doesn't even have horns or wings. I guess I can't be a unicorn."

Funny how little occasion there is for a child to wonder about what species they are. The girl had literally no idea. All she knew was that she very likely wasn't a unicorn.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-07-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-07-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-07-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-09-2015, 05:05 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-11-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-14-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Erebos - 03-29-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: Puzzles in wonderland - by Isopia - 04-01-2015, 03:53 PM