the Rift

[OPEN] Secluded Devastation [Open to All]

Reynier Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A stallion stood several meters away, his blue roan coat stained black by the sweltering mid-afternoon sun. He had tried to shield himself from the suffocating tallsun humidity by tucking into a line of thin shadows at the edge of the forest, but even their shade and the movement of a nearby stream did little to relieve his misery. Baroque breeds were simply not designed for this kind of climate.

He had stood there for some time and stood there still, unwilling to travel any farther until the heat of day broke, when another figure pulled away from the trees and moved toward the streams near bank. He followed the winged creature with one eye and one ear only, preserving his energy for the shallow rise and fall of slightly panted breaths.

The mare’s presence and activity barely registered in the stallion’s overheated mind until an unnatural shimmering of the water around her muzzle started. He blinked his unfocused eyes to clear them, staring incredulously as the water continued to move and condense. Crystals formed and spread and after a moment the surface of the water appeared as a thin sheet of ice.

Curious, the stallion lumbered forward, but by the time his dragging gait brought him near the winged mare’s side her sheet of ice had melted away and he was greeted only by the same swampy water that had flanked him all day. Disappointed, he cocked his head at the stranger.

“Is that your magic?”

Provided the ice had actually been a legitimate magic and not just the hallucinations of a heatstroke victim it would only be the stallion’s second experience with such a thing and he was keen to learn more.

Tag: @[Rhea]
OOC: Mind if I join in? Rainy has a magic he hasn’t discovered yet too, so I thought this might be a good place. Please be lenient on me with reply times though. I’m in a bit of rut as far as writing goes.

Image Credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

Messages In This Thread
Secluded Devastation [Open to All] - by Rhea - 03-07-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Secluded Devastation [Open to All] - by Reynier - 03-15-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Secluded Devastation [Open to All] - by Rhea - 04-19-2015, 11:40 PM