the Rift

[OPEN] Let's play hide and seek, down by the creek

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

Like an answer to my thoughts she appears, as if willed by me into my presence. I've always been an artist, but I have never considered myself a magician. Although that can't be right, because I didn't even notice her when she breezed past, my head buried in the flowers and the grass. I would think a magician would be privy to his own tricks. Why, we would have completely strolled by each other, blindness a new fault to add to my list, if not for the name she shouted out.

My head jerks up in response, ears flicking back and forth like dark rabbits on the meadow of my mane, while my long neck turns towards her. A smile quickly races upon my maw, mirroring her own. Her excitement thrills me, and in turn I prance a bit in place, feeling the energy of my blossoming hopes and not knowing what else to do with it. She approaches, and my throat tightens and my heart races. I'd think I'm getting ill if not for the smile I can't squeeze off my face, assuring me these are good sensations. Is this what happiness is, real happiness? Is this the power of a mare, or a friend?

Trying to reign in my antics before I do anything more embarrassing, I thrust my nose and the flowers towards her. Between my teeth the glowing charm I'd stolen also hangs, draped against the stems of the foliage. The offering is a more permanent gift of our friendship, should she take it.

I grow very still, my shuffling steps quieting back into pools of darkness. I am standing on a precipice now, offering myself up for rejection, or acceptance. My flesh is drawn taut, ready to flinch away. She is glad to see me, I comfort myself in that, but I also know it is not so simple.

Ink is giving Rei
:: [Item: metal acorn charm | a bronze metal acorn charm that glows in the dark]

I N K

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's play hide and seek, down by the creek - by Ink - 03-28-2015, 04:07 PM