the Rift

[OPEN] Blind To You [Ulrik]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK & KIRCHOFF
Each point in space (and time) is associated with a vector that determines what force a moving charge would experience.

Ulrik stared at her dumbly, realizing just now that he had not given his name to her, and he furrowed his dark brows deeply over luminous, mad eyes. Social interactions were truly a challenge. He had not spoken so much to another in his entire life. Even conversations with his family, Torleik, were short-lived and to the point. But for some reason, he felt as if he needed to explain and that this mare deserved to know the truth. He couldn’t explain it if he tried, and that bothered him considerably. The stallion was so used to explaining everything and having a solution to all problems, but he would never truly understand himself or emotions. There was no formula to predict how his heart would react when it was allowed to see above ground, and he nodded apologetically.

“I am Ulrik the Engineer, a weaver for the Aurora Basin,” he introduced simply.

As the conversation shifted, he upturned his lips in pride, nodding. “Indeed, as we have witnessed here,” he relayed. How unfortunate that her master’s stupidity had to result in her naïve capture. There was truly no need for her to be a captive, regardless, and he wished to let her go. Unfortunately, he would be remiss in his duties were he to simply watch her run off without the truth at her back; all he had planted were the seeds of doubt, and they had yet to bloom. In order to nurture what he relayed in his long-winded speech, he would have to show her his home, so he turned and began to walk in the direction of the Aurora Basin, knowing that they would be walking for quite some time.

He listened to her patiently, however, frowning at what she implicated. Dark, velvety lips turned downward as his shadowed gaze found her strange, pale one, wondering why one so intelligent could be so blind. The black stallion curved his great neck, taking a single step closer in a gesture that was powerful, looming and comforting at the same time. Every inch of his body was warm, giving off a masculine heat, and from this close, little, green flecks were visible in the unnaturally beautiful bronze tones of his eyes. The orbs were semi-circles of light in a night sky of his face, everything black save for mysterious glass that danced around, observing the strange markings on her face to the subtle curve of her feminine shoulder. “I would have no one perish,” he said firmly. “Who? You could serve anyone else, dear, anyone. Kahlua is wise and keen. Gaucho and his kin are also options. Coming from the Edge would have made all the difference in the world because my people and theirs are at peace. We spoke and mutually offered safety and resources to each other, a promise the Aurora Basin has honored.”

“What do you think has separated us for years? Have you tried to visit? Have you asked to join our ranks? What makes you so sure that you know the truth when all you’ve heard are rumors and ravings of prejudiced individuals?”
he challenged, passion rising in his deep, graveled tones. “Midas has not once visited the Basin to see for himself. Even when he denied us, he sent his warriors – we were not even worth a personal appearance!” Ulrik barked, the depth of his tones like tumbling stone from a mountain. He lifted his neck, muscles rippling proudly beneath his skin as he snorted, black nares flaring with the swell of his heart. “We are separated by your people’s inability to see beyond your own insecurities!”

Ulrik glared at her for a moment, curling his lips back from ivory fangs. “Your herd changes the way I see you because I see you as an enemy when I see Kahlua and her kin as friends. I care not for the bareness of your brow or the feathers on your sides – not when our herds have made mutual agreements. I live with my kin because we are family – united by long bloodlines and old agreements that transcend even Helovia. But that does not mean that we will deny any who wish to join us --- but no one has asked.” The stallion paused, taking a deep breath and settling back into the skin of the awkward engineer. He grit his teeth for a moment, watching the way she hung her neck, exhaustion creeping over her features and tainting the taunt skin that now relaxed.

He sighed heavily, lowering his neck as well, nodding toward the Basin and shifted his body so that he could rest her shoulder against his if she so wished. Honestly, he doubted she would take him up on his kind gesture, given her quills and raised hackles. Ulrik listened, nodding in understanding. “And that is the beauty of our differences,” he said simply. “Differences, however, become prejudices when you judge others for them.” The stallion walked slowly. “Just because you choose to live differently – with your emotionally and mentally bonded family – does not mean that the way I choose to live is inherently wrong. As long as I do not force you to live as I do, there is no harm. However, your words condemn me into living as you do lest I be labeled as what I am not. You cannot know my inner most thoughts, and to assume is a travesty to the depth of another individual.”

Kirchoff, wary of the pale one’s freedom, narrowed his silver eyes, lowering his wild, wolfish features and keeping close. He would not let them go so easily, not when Ulrik did something mildly intelligent for a chance. For a genius, his bond mate was positively dumb. “My family supports and protects me as well, but they will not save me from punishment if I deserve it,” he replied. “That would be doing me a disservice. I would never learn.” Ulrik’s chest hurt again as he thought of Rikyn and how he would raise the boy to learn about action and reaction. Consequences.

“I am sorry for yelling earlier. I… Assumptions about my character and others for so many years… it… wears on you,” he murmured, taking her north into the frosty falls of his homeland. Ulrik walked steadily. “You know that Ophelia, one of our leaders, is a hybrid, right? She is bonded to a dragon. My cousin, Torleik, is rather taken with her, I think…” he mused aloud, wondering if these stories would make them seem more human.

@[Essetia]

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Essetia - 03-08-2015, 03:14 PM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 03-09-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Essetia - 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 03-25-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Essetia - 03-26-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 03-26-2015, 02:10 PM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Essetia - 03-28-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Ulrik - 03-29-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Blind To You [Ulrik] - by Essetia - 03-29-2015, 09:43 PM