the Rift

[PRIVATE] Free Me [Finished]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

PREVIOUS THREAD: Against the Grain

After taking his leave of Ampere, Mesec set out to find the Sultan of his new herd - Gaucho. He wasn’t entirely sure where to find him and thinking about it now, he really should have asked his friend to point him in the right direction when she was filling him in on the different ranks and the leads. But, surely, if he wandered about the two would cross paths? That was, of course, assuming that Gaucho was even in the herd land this evening.

The sun was still bright enough in the sky for the silver-lined demigod to stand out against the sand and the cacti, he was an obvious stranger... and a lost looking one at that. He doubted very much that his presence would go by unnoticed for long. Would Gaucho know his lineage by sight? Many had gathered around Vesta’s body while the demigods stood with their parents, though the body had certainly been the main focus.

In his head, he rehearsed what he was going to say. The nagging worry that he would not be accepted would not be shaken, even when Ampere said they would have no right to chase him out. Would they trust him though? He was willing to put in the time to get there, willing to work and to serve.

But he wanted to see what sort of footing they would be starting out on, wanted to make sure his presence would be at least tolerated.

There was more to it, of course. As useless as his apologies would be he felt guilt over what his mother had done and he wondered if he could atone for it. She spoke of balance but Mesec felt the need to counter what she had done. All those deaths did not feel as though they righted something in the world, possessing someone to do her dirty work wasn’t how to even things out.

In an effort to escape the worst of the heat, Mesec lingered near the oasis - acquainting himself with this place. He did a lap around the lake, the proximity to the water providing some slight relief, until his eye was caught by the giant tree. What had Ampere called it? He couldn’t quite remember, but it was an impressive feature in a land he had previously assumed was nothing but desert. He felt both wary and calm in its shadow, wings folded neatly at his sides as he looked up with reverence. It must have a story, a tree this large in a land like this. He hoped that he would be able to stick around long enough to learn what it was.

for @[Gaucho]

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Free Me [Finished] - by Mesec - 03-08-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Free Me - by Gaucho - 03-08-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Free Me - by Mesec - 03-09-2015, 06:13 PM
RE: Free Me - by Gaucho - 03-24-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: Free Me - by Mesec - 04-03-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Free Me - by Gaucho - 04-18-2015, 05:24 PM