the Rift

[OPEN] Perfect Contradiction

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Did I send a shiver down your spine?
Well I do it all the time, it's a little trick of mine.

The Hidden Falls was the closest herd to the Threshold, but it was still a way to travel on foot. Ghost felt the ache to unfurl her wings and she would have done so in a heartbeat if it weren’t for her ground born recruit. Instead she passed the time by observing him and thinking of questions that might use to instigate a more casual conversation. Her skills in the area were well known for being little to none, but the Cadaverous had been trying to improve her recluse like nature recently. Even if it was a slow process that she battled with every day. Part of her still wanted to return to the days of being a Sleuth and lurking from the shadows. She resented Essetia for that as talented as the girl was; she had the role Ghost had been happiest in. Alas, the banshee had followed her lust for power and in the process put herself in a position of discomfort. Still, she was determined to grow into the crown on her head to spite herself if nothing else. "So, Boltar. Have any interests or talents? We pride ourselves on being a hardworking family and each of us picks a profession that takes our personal preference." The words rolled off her tongue with ease, there was no demand or great emotion to it.

She thinks of when she had first followed the Asylum to the Falls and her pursuit of intelligence. Spying had given her the quietness she desired but also fulfilled her need to know things. She had flourished under the hooves of Seele until her untimely demise had put her where she was now. "I was once a spy. I’m not a social animal, but I also have a habit of being nosy, a contradiction that often puts me at odds with myself. Still, the role gave me purpose." She hoped the short tale would inspire him to think of what he would like to do, if not, it was harmless information.

The trees became scattered and she neared the pathway that lead up to the Heavenly Fields, pointing it out to her grey traveller as she did so. Near it was one of the rocky entrances to the Hidden Falls and the daunting path that led in.

She motioned for him to follow and carefully the banshee made her way down into the realm of cascades and meadows. The roaring of water getting louder until the trail led her side by side with the magnificent piece of nature that crashed its way down to earth. Being so close meant that Ghost had very little chance of raising her voice above its noise, it was ideal for sharing secrets to linger near them, but not so handy for general talk. Instead the Czarina, with wolf pup in tow, followed the path all the way to the bottom where it opened out into a meadow that was marked with the odd tree and caressed by Tallsun's blistering heat.

She turns to see if he is still following her before introducing him formally. "Welcome to the Falls".

(ooc: Blah back to third person, still not sure if I like first person Ghost or whether I just can’t write first person x.x Anyway, everyone welcome @Boltar (tag removed for edit)!)

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Messages In This Thread
Perfect Contradiction - by Ghost - 03-08-2015, 07:54 PM
I am a diamond in the rust - by Boltar - 03-09-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: Perfect Contradiction - by Ghost - 03-15-2015, 03:41 PM