the Rift

[OPEN] Pray for sun

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

Well, my trip to the Basin was arduous, to say the least. Not so much the travels, but the reception I got when I arrived. I don't know what to think about the Basin, but 'friendly' is not a word I would use. Going to the Falls was much better... the welcoming committee was more than, well, welcoming. Zah-a was the first to greet me and didn't ask any questions like the Basin. Then the stallion Kipling, and another, the King Midas. They were all very friendly and open, though I'm not sure Midas appreciated Zah-a bringing strangers in without at least asking their names and what they wanted first. But how could she? She was younger than I and clearly not capable of structured sentences. Surely he must forgive her of that. But I couldn't stay in the Falls forever, so here I am traversing my way from the Falls (I flew out, with a little effort) to the next land: the World's Edge. I found my way through the Threshold first, and met two stallions, one named Rostislav, one named Rohan. Rostislav was very nice and through him I learned the name of all the herds. I don't think he knew how helpful he was!

So now I head toward the World's Edge, what seems to me to be the forest kingdom. Haruki walks next to me on the ground, and we stop now and then for snacks. Haruki for some meat, and I for the lush grass that Tallsun provides. Eventually, after many stops, we reach what I presume to be the border of the Edge. Haha.. border of the Edge. How redundant! The scent starts to change, and if there is a smell for 'lived in', that is the smell that comes to me. Not just the pines but... inhabitants. As with the Basin and the Falls, I stop just within the realm, not wanting to intrude but to quietly knock, asking to enter. I hope that they will be like the Falls, not the Basin.

And so I stand, silent, Haruki between my legs. "Hello? My name is Tempe - is there anyone nearby?" Haruki chirrups, though my voice is still much louder than his. I reach down with painted face to nuzzle his darkened nose affectionately. I lift my small crown again, wanting to make sure that we are not surprised by any hostile forces. I know nothing of the Edge and I'm eager to learn: I hope that they will give me the opportunity!

""
420 words
@[Kaj] &/or @[Kahlua] &/or @[Archibald] + any others!!
Tempe is here to learn about the Edge and meet at least one leader. :) Taking advantage of outcast status.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Pray for sun - by Tempe - 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Kaj - 03-15-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Tempe - 03-22-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Kaj - 03-27-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Tempe - 04-14-2015, 10:32 PM