the Rift

[OPEN] Pray for sun

Tempe Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 mo.
Haruki :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Lauren
T E M P E

The King frowns at my response, though it takes me a moment to notice. Once I do, a frown begins to unconsciously grow on mine, mirroring his. Except that instead of concern for my poor experience with parents, I am concerned for his expression, worried that something has concerned him or that I have done something to upset him. Apparently it is something I said, and it occurs to me from his words of comfort that perhaps he finds the efforts and lack of presence of Mum and Papa to be troublesome and substandard. Before I say anything, he regards Haruki and greets the kitsune with a friendliness that I have yet to witness toward my companion. My heart warms up and my eyes brighten. Haruki chirrups at the King and then at me, not understanding the words, but appreciating the kindness and, well, respect isn't it?!

When he mentions the names "Gaucho," "Sohalia," and "Tandavi," I nod my head. Gaucho seems to ring a bell, though the others are unfamiliar. I assume they all go together. His disapproval at Mum's parenting is obvious as he goes on to scold my mother AND the Throat for not letting me stay there while I am attached to my mother. He invites me to the Edge, gesturing toward his surroundings and the entire Edge herd land. At first his huge wingspan intimidates me as he stretches them out as far as they'll go. One hoof moves back, but then he tucks his wings in against his sides and offers me all the help I could ever want or need. I step forward toward him again and reach my muzzle, quivering, toward his. "That is very kind of you, Sir. C-can I call you Uncle Kaj?" It seems right in my head, though I can't quite place why.

"I'm sure no one means me any harm, and Mum still feeds me you know. I think maybe she just has some problems." Not that I know what they are, how deep they run or how they affect her and her relationship with EVERYONE ELSE. "It means an awful lot that you would be so kind and generous, Uncle Kaj." A beatific smile spreads itself across my face and Haruki jumps around Kaj's legs, oblivious to the potential danger of being stepped upon.

""
@[Kaj] - Sorry that took forever and a day!

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

** You may do what you like with Tempe besides dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Pray for sun - by Tempe - 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Kaj - 03-15-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Tempe - 03-22-2015, 03:36 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Kaj - 03-27-2015, 10:43 PM
RE: Pray for sun - by Tempe - 04-14-2015, 10:32 PM