the Rift

[OPEN] The thing about favors [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Neither of our ranked warlords are well known for their handling of diplomacy. Nar, thankfully I didn't require them to be tactful; only to be a commanding presence -- resourceful and a stronghold for greener folk. My march from yon den led to a nearby pool, there was a thirst eating at the back of my throat, it rubbed upon these vocal cords until they felt nearly as dry as dead kindling. My tongue was hot and heavy, dehydrated despite the swampy humidity that this home had become known for.

Water sang its soft hum only a few hundred feet ahead. Somewhere past those jutting trunks and sticky shadows was a short break that would lead to a muddy bank -- it was there, I'd find an animalistic relief that was strong and satisfying. Yar, perhaps more so than the urge for sex. A bellowing voice climbs above the trees, my name! The strength of that sound had a terrifying effect on the small woodland critters and avian beasts that lived in these woods. They hurriedly scrambled out of sight. Comfortable steps gave way to a halt, but my lagging crown had instantly jerked up; with dual orbs widening in mixed surprise. Instinct born from years of weighted reign drew them in a hard narrowing as this flesh launched full out. I dodge trees, crossing bramble without care for the stinging effect. Whatever horror was ahead, this soul and mind braced for it in that anxious span it took to reach him.

My body broke cover, trembling, gems jumping to the rough looking unicorn and his companion, then jerking to the surrounding area for signs of trouble that would justify his (screaming) summoning. After a frantic heartbeat or two I've found nothing... Confused and growing skeptical of any true causality, "Rostislav?"
Then share thy pain, allow that sad relief
Ah, more than share it! give me all thy grief
image credits go here yo

Word count: 301
@[Rostislav]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
The thing about favors [Midas] - by Rostislav - 03-11-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: The thing about favors [Midas] - by Midas - 03-15-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: The thing about favors [Midas] - by Rostislav - 03-15-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: The thing about favors [Midas] - by Midas - 03-30-2015, 08:22 PM