the Rift

Trailing Your Hoofprints (Joining, Prometheus)

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I feel nothing! The Sultana aims to destroy me, flies far above the grip of my chains, but she cannot harm me. I watch as my chain scrapes her legs and defies her power, tilt my head upwards to watch her as she flies higher than I can see and the metal follows forever. I am untouchable and she has flown in fear of my awesome power. This is victory- this is my time at last.

But then in a moment I feel the air leave and hear the crush and hiss of metal as it is assaulted by her power. The sky thickens and the oxygen leaves as a vacuum of pressure is formed. Like leaves the chains crumple and fall, like puddy they melt and splatter. I cannot move; perhaps one with a stronger form and the frame of the living could resist, but old and decaying muscles do me no favors. My frame grows more hollow and the cavities press inwards. My eyes sink into their sockets and pus splatters, mixing with blackish blood and another thin, greenish substance of decay. Rotted teeth fall in on themselves and dislodge themselves from their place; a broken horn begins to crack once more.

Only the dead can survive this long without air, can stand to face the sensation of being crushed all about by every force fathomable. I forget that the living preside here, that there is more to this scene than the Sultana and myself and the blood. There is a scream, unearthly and wretched, sudden and piercing; it is the sound of the one thing I love being killed.

Bones that once cracked at the end of my whip now strain to fight the pressure; a dry and starved tongue now reaches into the vacuum for oxygen. Anything that was left that could hold you up is gone, and I watch helplessly as you fall. Something else falls from my hollowed sockets, something clear and trapped; despair incarnate.

I am haunted by the sound, by the silence that follows it. And all I can do is stare, and try to lift my tongue to speak. There is a second inhabited only by terror as I hear that final gasp and sense a falter in my own strength. There is the terrifying notion that you have fallen for the last time, and I fight more than I ever have.

"STOP!"

My plea rings out into emptiness and I fall to the earth. Sand surrounds me and some of the pressure leaves as my own strength forces it at bay. "End this!" I am covered in sweat and blood and pus and tears and rot and I am pathetic and alone and if I can never speak to you again, I want to die. But I cannot die, not yet. The cruel and killing queen still falls towards me, still aims to sever the head and break the spine. In one last, defensive attempt I form cords of metal and wrap them around each other. They link and clatter, struggling to form with the air so firm, but at the last moment create their cage around me. I am safe and in my own haunted, twisted way I am alive. I do not long to be alive.

Grief that has fallen over me like a burial shroud is torn away to reveal harsh sunlight and the reality of your sharp gasps. I feel you breathing within me, see your curled and bleeding form rise and fall in the sands where you lay. I have hurt you too much and suffer enough in my own cage to aid you now. "Do with me what you will, Sultana, but leave my ward free," I beg, my eyes turning to the vision of you through the bars of the metal that falters and grips my safety tenuously. "No truly just being could harm an innocent to punish he who exploits his second chances; If I am the night then you are its eternity and perpetuation. Every ray of sunlight casts its shadow, you cannot fool yourself into thinking you are without the darkness that rests in us all," I murmur with emotion more raw than any I have ever felt. I have spent too long staying silent and holding in the truth as it is expressed through emotion.

"So let me leave, and you shall not see me here again," I command, my voice growing stronger and yet faltering as I face the realization that I cannot bring you with me. My cage begins to fall apart upon itself and shatter as my magic fades; I am left with only a faint memory of it and perhaps one more use of it. You are not safe beside this monster, this creature of pain that has beaten you and battered you. You will love me still, I will continue to feel your pain, but you cannot sleep beside me when the night falls. "But if you hurt him... know that the day you fail to protect him will be your last, Sultana of the Night."

You are this close to death when I force my knees from the earth and turn to walk away. I hear your cry, I sense your struggle to rise and your inability to gather the strength. In an unsteady silence, my exodus begins.

[[The one more use is used to help Midas and Ktulu in the steppe, that thread just got finished before this one. Pyr will follow him and go to see Midas and Ktu, but he'll leave Pyr with them and then leave the herd for good. Feel free to change his rank.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trailing Your Hoofprints (Joining, Prometheus) - by Prometheus - 10-28-2012, 06:58 PM