[PRIVATE] Are You Listening? (Kaj)

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj

comets fell from the sky,
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

Painted boy awoke slowly, eyelids fluttering against whatever fear or ferocity had chased him into the realm of unconsciousness. Kaj awaited him patiently, eyes still scouring the horizon, ears pricked to points of pain at the base of his cranium. Straining to hear anything or anyone who approached, still unsure whether an outwardly force had attacked the youth cradled against his side. Golden primaries were like daggers, poised and flexing with the thrumming, undulating tension that reverberated against Kaj's skin from the inside. Though the zephyrs he summoned to buffet and crash like little rippling waves against the youth's face were gentle, the appendages were prepared to unleash their full power in defense of the stag should any foe or questionable soul appear in Kaj's vigilant gaze.

Tremors of half-aware movement twitched against his over-sensitive hide, everything amplified in that hung, sluggish moment. Kaj spared a glance down at the stud, watching as gems were slowly unveiled, sluggish and befuddled. Shades of blue met one another, and Kaj stared into the youthful face, searching for any sign of lasting damage or injury that he'd previously overlooked. It was whisked away before any definitive conclusion was made, the painted stranger lurching up and away from Kaj's protective, hovering stance. A guardian of his weakest moments. Kaj wished he would not let his pride detract from the value of the action.

Wings arched high, providing shade, allowing freer movement for the startled stranger on the bank of the water. Yet it remained poised, prepared to gather up and shield, protect and defend at once. Still he hesitated, awaited the breakthrough moment, the eureka, the awareness that would catch up with the stag and bring memories flooding back. However he responded to Kaj's actions then would have to be dealt with accordingly. Except, the words that burst from the vocals of the harried brute were far from what Kaj had anticipated; perhaps a degrading comment or a snide reminder that he could take care of himself. Oh how the youth were so deluded sometimes. Instead, Kaj stared with wide eyes as the words were flung into his face, haphazard and fearful, disgust lacing every syllable.

Were he not so surprised, Kaj would have spared a laugh or a sigh of relief to know that no physical predator of maleficent being had prompted the fainting spell in the youth. Kaj caught the end of the rambling quickly, tuning back in and quickly leaning his large shoulder to bear and support the weight of the painted boy. "Careful, take it slow," he rumbled, both fondly endeared and instructive. The youth ripped away just as quickly as he'd fallen upon Kaj's frame, and the King bore it with patience, allowing the stranger to seek and claim his equilibrium once more in his own time. He had answered the call of distress, and so he claimed the stag as his own problem, his charge for the moment. The warrior would not leave him briskly, unfeeling.

Kaj chuckled softly and shook his head. "You've not troubled me in any way. May I know your name, at least?" It would certainly be beneficial to have a name for the stud, at least. "And you did not drink blood, there is no reason for such fear. The stones at the bottom of the lake are a vivid red, much like blood. But the water itself is pure, I assure you," he reassured with a voice like a happily grumbling bear, azures bright with amusement at the nearly childish antics. At least this encounter had effectively stripped worry and guilt from mind, giving him a reason to enjoy the lighter things for a brief moment.

@[Nym]

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Are You Listening? (Kaj) - by Nym - 03-13-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: Are You Listening? (Kaj) - by Kaj - 03-15-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Are You Listening? (Kaj) - by Nym - 03-15-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Are You Listening? (Kaj) - by Kaj - 04-25-2015, 05:27 PM