the Rift

` near and far; ulrik

Io Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
the pain is a dull ache in her bones now, a constant pound in her body like a heartbeat: boom, boom, boom. she doesn't scream anymore, her voice is taut and worn from the use. instead she lays on the hard ground of the threshold, her hair spread around her like a white oil spill. the blood thickens on her leg, dribbling off the side of her forearm as she waits. it will end soon, she thinks. she was right. the pain ended when the whole world went black.

she's weightless. she's no longer tied to the forest floor, the soft tissue of grass beneath. io didn't find freedom beyond the circus' tents, she found it in this euphoric place. somewhere floating between sky and earth. a yellow pair of eyes glare at her from beneath the leaves above, unblinking, quiet, serious. who's eyes are they? she remembers them. lark. sing me a song, she whispers to those golden eyes. i miss your voice. but he isn't there, and as quick as the mirage was there, it disappears.

she wakes with a gasp, and the pain is back. but now who's eyes are staring at her? "please," she croaks "don't hurt me."

Messages In This Thread
` near and far; ulrik - by Io - 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: ` near and far; ulrik - by Ulrik - 09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: ` near and far; ulrik - by Io - 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM