the Rift

` near and far; ulrik

Io Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
the pain flashes with a clap, sharp and bright in her mind like a streak of lightning. her eyes fly open and she's faced with the deep, gravely voice of the raven. you're safe. he promises from lips that are probably so familiar with telling lies. but comfort has long been denied to her since her lark left. she takes what she can get now. her head lifts from the ground, her thin legs fold beneath her body as she lifts herself with a quivering stance. the blood trickles slowly, always so slow, as she stands.

"i-i'm sorry," comes the small whisper "i thought you were someone else." lies spill like oil from her lips, but they aren't slick like his would be. they stick in her throat and clog her breath as she smiles, sweetly, for the black stallion. it's shaky at the edges, her smile, but it is precious and warm for him. instinctively her eyes roam around her, though the pain still sends flares through her body like a hurricane, where they fall on the soft whirring of the mechanical wolf. "curious," she coos "does it have a name?"

even monsters have names.

Messages In This Thread
` near and far; ulrik - by Io - 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: ` near and far; ulrik - by Ulrik - 09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
RE: ` near and far; ulrik - by Io - 10-09-2012, 05:49 PM