the Rift

[OPEN] It's not so bad [Welcoming]

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
She started at the explanation of her eye, "Are unicorns to be avoided here, then?” there was an edge of panic to her voice once more. At Elsa’s offhanded musing of seeing only half the world, she shuddered. If you only saw half the world, however would you protect yourself? Well, Elsa’s wings were certainly helpful for that, but Bellisma was earthbound. So she needed all the eyes she could get to see danger and flee from it.

Consternation flashed across her face as she heard a story that had quite a few similarities with her own past. Both had been destined for greatness, both families had been killed (though hers by a warring tribe, not bandits), but Elsa spoke of her past with laughter and bitterness. Though dripping with derisiveness, she still could laugh. Bellisma couldn’t even speak the name ‘Rrazmik’ aloud, and the thought of him made her tremble.

Disbelief swept her face as Elsa expressed her hope of ‘letting her past go.’ “You certainly seem well on your way to letting it go,” her surprise pulled the observation from her lips without her mind’s permission. She blanched, “What I mean is, letting a past go seems- well, seems impossible,” she paused in contemplation, “But I hope treating it with laughter and bitterness, as you do, is possible. Instead of being— being trapped by it,” another pause, this one sad, “Or, at least, learn to tolerate the memories…” she trailed off, the bells chiming quietly and desolately.

Her gaze had drifted away from Elsa, as she gracefully hopped out of the water. Her body felt clean and refreshed, but she teetered on the edge of chilled as a shiver ran through her. Eyeing the area around her speculatively, she glanced at Elsa almost questioningly. Was it safe to lay down? Hopefully. She found some patchy sunshine that filtered through the leaves and carefully sank to the ground. Her tired muscles and injured leg sang in relief as a contented sigh escaped her. Thick grass was certainly more cushy than desert sand and rock. She smiled at the thought of her new home being so different from her old.

“How I escaped?” she repeated the question quietly, thinking how to explain her haphazard flight. “He almost always keeps me chained, even when I am the reward for hard battles won by great generals,” she spoke flatly, eyes unseeing as she recounts her tale. She still spoke in the present tense, for her freedom was new, “But for Edalet’s predilections, a chain often got in the way. And he favored Edalet. I know this because Edalet visits me often. I’m not sure why…” she trailed off, for Edalet was certainly not the cruelest stallion she had met. And why Rrazmik (the ‘he’ that kept her trapped and whom she referred to with hushed fear in her voice) liked Edalet she knew not. And being his pet for so long, she had come to know him unfortunately well.

“I think Edalet won a great battle, or perhaps finally brought him a prettier pet,” Bellisma had been the first and longest pet Rrazmik had kept, “There were others, yet he kept me with him longest. For years… But finally the slave brought me beyond my outdoor run. He took me to Edalet. I never visit the generals, they always visit me,” her voice was growing hoarse from speaking, she never spoke much at once. But she was caught in her past, unable to stop reliving the story, “Naturally Edalet enjoyed his reward immediately and immensely. Though he did not attach my chain to the rafters as it normally is. I think he may have forgotten when he left for he was very satisfied with himself,” he had been quite exuberant with the little mare, “Or perhaps he meant to leave me unchained…” she thoughtfully chimes. There had been an air of purpose as he left her, and he had taken such fill of her, as if it was a last meal… “Well, he left me unchained, so I ran. Qeddar sent his wolves after me, but freedom made me run faster than I ever had before. I ran even faster than when he let me loose and chased me down for fun. This time it wasn't his game. It was real,” her voice was gone now, a hoarse whisper, “It is real.” The disbelief contradicted the words of the whisper.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to speak so much,” the hoarse apology seemed embarrassed as she returned to the present and looked towards Elsa. “I should give you time to talk! How did you come to Helovia? And how have you enjoyed your time here?”

ooc| Hahaha, all I could imagine is Elsa singing “Let It Go” during your post :P hehe @[Elsa]
And this got so much longer than expected. You obvs don’t need to match this, it’s a monster. I don’t know why I kept her talking >.<
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 03-16-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 04-01-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 04-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 04-05-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM