the Rift

[OPEN] It's not so bad [Welcoming]

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
Stark surprise wiped her face blank of any apprehension she had from sharing her story. Elsa thought her strong? She was anything but strong. She was timid, she was fearful, she was obnoxiously persistent at staying alive. But strong? No, the little mare could not see herself as strong.

“Me? Strong?” a smile brightened her face, chasing the shadows of her past away, at the unknowingly kind words the white mare spoke. It faltered only slightly with the gentle chiding, “Oh, I’m sorry- oh no! I’m so sorr-“ she broke off her apology for apologizing (for apologizing) with an outright grin, “Right, no more of that,” and gentle twinkling bells of laughter pealed out. The sound was high and rang out clearly over the sound of the falls.

The thin skin rippled at the soft, encouraging touch of the other’s nose on her shoulder. Elsa’s touch was cool against her hot skin, but warmth still spread from it and pooled in her barrel. It shocked Bellisma, she was never touched without expectation of the other for selfish things. Her green gaze warmed and brightened again, this time finding the other’s blue eyes- without a trace of anxiety or fear in them. Progress!

Gingerly, she rose to her feet as Elsa answered her question. She started at the compliment and the wink, but realized that she, too, felt quite delighted (and relieved) at having met Elsa. This mare was calm, but fiery. Encouraging, but not patronizing. She was exactly the friend the small, broken mare needed.

At her words of leaving, a shadow crossed over her face once more. It was mixture of alarm and dread at the thought of being alone in Helovia, without her new friend. But the shadows were once again chased away at her the inquiry and voiced expression of what Bellisma, herself, felt.

Cautiously, and quite unsure of herself, the golden pixie leaned warm body against Elsa’s cooler, white one. Her dwarfism let her wedge herself beneath the fluffy wing, whose silken feathers felt soothing against the welts on her coat. A smile tugged at her mouth once more, “I look forward to seeing you again,” the formality of the words was contrasted by the warmth that she spoke them with, “And soon.” Her bell-like voice vibrated against Elsa’s barrel.

The contact became too much, or too awkward, for Bellisma- for she was incredibly new at touches of friendship with mares (and not stallions with expectations)- so she slowly and regretfully moved away. But the loss of touch left her needing to voice her own elation at finding a friend, “Elsa-“ she paused, unfamiliar with expressing herself, “I’m very glad you found me at the Threshold,” the words were simple, but the warmth and sentiment beneath them gave them so much more meaning, “Thank you.”

“Perhaps I’d better go learn more of my own job, as well,” a rueful smile at the thought of her own injures to heal, and with one last warm- but laced with concern- look, she left her new friend.

ooc| Righto, sounds good! And no worries about the delay, you were busy fighting! :) Maybe Elsa can teach her a few moves later (for self defense, of course) :) @[Elsa]
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-15-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 03-16-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 03-26-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 03-28-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 04-01-2015, 10:08 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 04-03-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Bellisma - 04-05-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: It's not so bad [Welcoming] - by Elsa - 04-20-2015, 01:44 PM