the Rift

[OPEN] by moonlight

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

Mirage was surprisingly forthcoming. As strange as that seemed, it did not settle Ampere as much as it should have. In her experiences with liars, they were quick to respond and often did so with deliberate detail. Mirage responded similarly, and even if what she said had no purpose as a lie, Ampere had fallen for more nonsensical things before. Even her non-threatening stance was typical of he deceptive, which generally did not have the skill to actually fight.

Yet, as Ampere felt these things, she held onto them. She set them in the back of her mind and the bottom of her heart, like a little nugget of "I told you so" which she might gnaw on later. For the time being, she digested what Mirage had to say at face value, because she had no real proof one way or another. "Balance?" Ampere echoed, genuine in her interest. "Have you heard then of the Moon's most recent, terrible deeds? Are you aware of her exile from her heavenly realm and family?" Ampere felt that neither was good, least of all that she was the supposed motivation behind the most recent war. Yet few seemed to mind the Moon's absence, nor begrudged the Edge for their cowardice and victory (what sense did it make, if the Edge still existed, now under new hooves?).

Ampere sighed then, and shook her head lightly. She had no way of knowing if this mare was as honest as she seemed, if balance was actually something she sought and upheld, and even more so, what it would matter if she was and did. The moon could not just simply be brought back, not by mortals, could she?

Two names familiar to Ampere streaked across the desert wind. Ampere's ears flicked in response, and her suspicion once more flared up. She did not know either of those horses particularly well, but none of them had mentioned Mirage. Still, Ampere did not fear Mirage, and if she was being honest as it seemed, was it really harmful to share some family knowledge? They might have been hiding from this mare, after all, been to afraid to say so, or didn't think she would ever show up. If Mirage did try to hurt them though... she would recognize the family that the sand created here. "Amaris is here," Ampere confirmed after a moment of thought. "Tandavi was, but she has gone beyond Helovia on a mission for the Sun." Ampere missed her, as much of a thorn in her side as Tandavi always was. She had never properly thanked the mare for her help, and now she feared she might never be able to.

"You're welcome to our hospitality so long as you're with one of the Throat. Follow me, Mirage." Ampere moved towards the pillar Gaucho and the crafters had collected. She pulled the key from one of her knife sheaths, guiding it into it's hole with her magic. It responded by gifting Mirage with flaming wings, set to carry her to the other side of the water, where the Throat awaited. Ampere returned the key to its place in her leather, then leapt onto her own feathers, drifting alongside the dark mare.

"I'm Ampere, Gladiator here. Gaucho and Megaera stand as leads, and Tandavi once did. Amaris is a spy now, if I remember right, though she's got a hell of a fight in her."
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
by moonlight - by Mirage - 03-16-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Ampere - 04-25-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Mirage - 05-08-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Ampere - 05-13-2015, 11:46 PM