the Rift

[OPEN] Born by Lightning

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Rain doesn’t give a shit about you. It pours and pours from the sky, or sometimes it bullshit-drizzles for days on end, or sometimes it doesn’t even come down, but threatens overhead in gloomy, violent overcast. But none of that has anything to do with you or how you feel because rain doesn’t care one bit, and even though there was something glorious and momentous happening down in the mud where I lay, it continued to pour, and I’m pretty sure it started raining even harder, now that I thought about it.

But it was whatever, because I didn’t care about the rain, either. And neither did you, huh? I guess you figured it’d was like this all the time; that the huge wide world that you had been born into through the crack and noise of thunder was nothing but a huge wet spot, and you were just gonna have to get used to it. Which, I promise, it’s not like that at all. It’s not. There’s all kinds of stuff out there for you; there’s shitty sand and there’s creeks that don’t actually pour on you and there’s two different kinds of deserts and there’s waterfalls and trees and bushes to shit in and meadows to run through and hills to roll down and skies that have sunshine sometimes, and clouds others, and stars at the right moments and, if you’re lucky enough, if you’re far enough up north, there are lights that dance like ribbons for you across the horizon, lights that fuck you up and make your heart hurt if you’re not careful.

And here you were on my nose, your tiny little heartbeat thumping away as you slithered this way and that, looking into each of my eyes in turn, as though they captivated you; and you were saying hi but you couldn’t talk at all, I could just feel the greeting between us, because thoughts were buzzing like bees and I’m not sure why but I didn’t fucking care at that moment because the feeling was beautiful and I swear those weren’t tears in my eyes and—

“Ros!”*

“BRO!” I called, and the movement startled you and you slipped a little off my face and I ducked my head to catch you but you weren’t deterred in the slightest; if anything, something was beaming and glowing even harder behind your eyes, and I guess you were feeling the gladness I was feeling from hearing Mesec’s voice. Because that’s all I could detect for a second; the clouds were thick and it was dark and my eyes were swimming with tears rainwater and I had shitty eyesight anyway and his black ass melded into the background like no other. But there was no mistaking that voice--or that scent, once he got near enough.

“Mesec!” I said, my voice bubbling out of me in a way that hadn’t been seen in quite some time; I scrambled to my feet, covered from head-to-toe in slimy mud and completely and happily drenched besides, grinning my ass off as you slithered around the bridge of my nose to see the shadow coming upon us. The closer he got, the more clear his silver spots became, until it was possible to look into the handsome glow of his eyes.

You cocked your head at his large wing as it came atop us—and it was at that moment that I realized how shitty it actually was to be out here, in the rain, damn-near drowning you and Mesec, too, now that he was around. But he caught sight of you and I couldn’t help the foolish grin from spreading to all four corners of my face. It would have been embarrassing—but I couldn’t care at that moment, because I was in love and so were you and fuck the world except Mesec because he’s okay I guess.

“He—“ I started—before a shiver came over me, and I realized we were still getting pummeled by rain. “Actually--hold on,” I said—and with careful steps, we made our way to the protection of the rotunda, my movements slow and careful so that you wouldn’t slip off my face. Fortunately, you found the indent of my horn a good place to grab, and you hung there pretty easily.

“So….yeah,” I said, turning to Bro, hoping he had followed us underneath the thing. “He’s…he hatched for me,” I murmured, the warble in my voice still there and still wondrous and still strange as all hell. I crossed my eyes, catching your attention; and when you looked at me with that question in your tiny little pupil, my grin went into overdrive. “This…this is my brother,” I said quietly, my voice brimming with excitement and the things I was still feeling for Mesec, all hushed-up and rolled around in my whisper. You blinked at me, and I knew you were feeling the glow, because I was feeling your glow too, as well as the questioning thought that emanated underneath the happy jazz. “A brother’s…someone with a peen you grow up with,” I explained, getting a mini-headache from having my eyes crossed for so long and not giving a single shit, “They’re really special.”

You turned away from my eyes to look at Mesec again, and this time I knew you understood what I was saying, and why it was so important for me for you to meet him. You reached out to him; you slithered your skinny little shit-body down my nose and to the tip of my muzzle, reaching out with the length of your body to see him better—and maybe touch him, if he let you.

@[Mesec]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM