the Rift

[OPEN] Born by Lightning

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

*”Welcome to the family, Chico.”*

And look at your lil’ chest swell. You looked back at Mesec and the sunshine in my mind was blinding and I couldn’t help the idiot grin on my face from spreading again, stretching my cheeks painfully at your tiny pride, at Mesec’s acceptance of you in our fucked up lives. Yeah, it was fucked up and damaged and limping along—but it was still a family and the blood of battle might be thicker than the water of the womb but all our asses were thick anyway so it was a double whammy of thick….ness? I guess?

(Wow that metaphor ran away from me, didn’t it?)

Bro said something about you eating, and I—well, it’s true I hadn’t really thought about it, what with my confusion still kinda bubbling rampantly, this newness of you in my head, the tiny heartbeat ticking along the bridge of my nose that fluttered so fragily with your excitement. “I—uh,” I kind of stammered, my eyes flicking between you and Mesec. I doubted you knew what you liked, what you wanted to eat, if you even wanted to eat. But…well, you were just born right? You probably needed something in you.

I glanced around us, looking down into the shadowed stones of the thing we stood under—seeing the cracks that ran moist with soggy earth rainwater that found ways to drip in. I lowered my head, scanning the tiny flickers of movement that I caught in those cracks; slippery, slimy things that wiggled to and fro in there, inspired by the rain. Worms.

“Think he’d like worms? I asked a little hesitantly; I huffed down to my knees, rolling to my side as I laid my head on the ground. You sort of braced yourself with my movement and, as my face finally touched the ground and I gave you a little prod (Go on, it’s okay—“) you paddled your tiny ass of my nose and onto the floor, falling in love with every new sensation (the cold marble, the gooey mud packed in between the tiles—) before instinct drove you to waddle your way to the nearest slimy thing wiggling in the mud.

I didn’t think a worm would kick your ass—but it still gave me some trepidation to watch you go on your first “hunt”. Cutest shit ever, bruh. You didn’t know how to pounce but I swore you pounced on the shit, and the lil’ guy didn’t stand a chance against your mighty, tiny ferocity—and before I knew it, you were munching your way through worm-guts, your lil’ mouth myam, myam, myaming while I contained my awkward squeal of pride as I laid there splayed across the stones, a proud mama if I ever knew one.

@[Mesec]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM