the Rift

[OPEN] Born by Lightning

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I couldn’t help the way my lip rose a little in disgust when he mentioned he lived in the Throat, too. Like, don’t get me wrong, he can live wherever the hell he wants as long as it makes him happy, y’know? But, like. The sand. It was just so hard for me to get passed this idea that it was such a shitty place but now so many of the people I loved the most was taking up residence there. “Not you too,” I sighed exasperatedly—and there was enough humor laced in there to soften any edges. Jeez, it feels like everyone’s going down there for some reason or ‘nother.”

It was sticky when he mentioned his Ma in the edge; I grit my teeth a little, just a little in the back of my mouth, and once more I battled that urge to stomp my ass over there, to another shitty sandy place, and try and face off with a weakened god. But point was moot, though; we’d already been over this. Burning a god at the stake wouldn’t bring Toto back—it wouldn’t bring anyone back, except, maybe, an ancient chaos the gods had eradicated millennia ago. There was a reason they were there (a reason for our birth) and fucking up that balance wouldn’t really bring sunshine and daisies, would it.

The moment passed, though; he went back to talking about the Throat, and my ears perked a little as I listened to the way his voice kinda rushed around his words. I looked at him, finally; my tears were starting to crust but I mean. It’s whatever, right? I least I wasn’t sniveling like a baby anymore. “You like it there, at least?” I asked him quietly, “You’re happy living there?”

I sighed and shifted a little in thought. “I was gonna visit sometime anyway….Jiji lives there, too.” My mouth pulled into a little bow of a smile when her name passed my lips—always smiling for Jiji, even the thought of her crossing my mind making me feel….things inside. “Yeah…I’ll see you there.”

I dunno about Chico though—that little thing still snoozing on my head. He could like what he damn-well wanted but I was gonna make sure he knew the full shittiness of the region before he jumped to any conclusions. Cuz yeah, sand was pretty sometimes, and the land down there wasn’t that awful to look at. It was just…everything else about it that was awful, awful, awful.

The rain continued to pour around us, and there was still the music of it pounding against rainbowed glass, like wind chimes or some shit. It was too dark to see the curtains of it falling around the rotunda—but I was noticing the wind was gone, and so were the bright flashes of lightning and the deep grumbling from deep in the clouds. Guess the storm was weakening a little—but I wouldn’t have minded if it lasted that entire night. It felt…nice…to sit here with Bro after so long, catching up—discovering once more that there was a solid reason I called this guy my “Bro”.

Mesec--Care to wrap up an old thread? :D

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM