the Rift

[OPEN] Look at the sea all day.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

VOODOO && OUIJA
There's a shadow just behind me, shrouding every step I take,
making every promise empty, pointing every finger at me.

Jade eyes lock onto the curious fox, and her question makes your lips pull into a small, shy smile. "Uh huh." you murmur and nod once, glancing down at the bonded child just before she is able to curl around your ankle. You stammer once more, asking the woman if she was alright after once again seeing the blood seep into the salty water. She arches her dainty neck, glancing around as if she had no idea what you were referring to. “I think I’m fine,” those emerald eyes find themselves transfixed on you just one last time and refuse to let go for what feels like an eternity. Cautiously she made her way out of the water, eyes locked on you like that of a small cottontail's locked onto the stocking wolf. “It’s just a cut from… a cut from before. From a chain-"

A chain? Your jaws click uncomfortably behind closed vermilion lips, matching, dull eyes unsure if you could look away or not. The mare takes another second to explain why she was in the 'water' - as she puts it - in the first place, but again you're unsure of why she's explaining herself. Something familiar haunts the tense woman, but you can't place what it is; fear, yes, but of what? "A-" you pause gruffly, eyes squinting as if you had heard her wrong, "chain?" Was she a warrior?

Finally, she breaks her direct stare (even though she had twice before, but you couldn't help but stare back in fear of an unexpected move) and looks down at Ouija again. "She's yours?" You look down as well to watch the fox's large, oily eyes peer up at the mare, her dark lips parting to show the bottom row of her pearly little teeth. "Eh, yeah.. This's Ouija." you shift, pressing your weight evenly onto the bleached sand below. "She's really curious.. I-I'm sorry."

Suddenly it seems to dawn on the woman that besides this, there hadn't been an exchange of names. “I am so sorry. I am Bellisma,” 'Bellisma?' we roll the word - or name, rather - around on our dry tongues, clicking our chipped nails together at the same time. One of us pronounces it "Belleezma" and gets something thrown in their direction, causing a rumble of distracting laughter to begin in your skull. Somehow though, you are able to focus enough to respond. "Voodoo," the name ends abruptly and you're not sure if you were going to add onto it or not, so you decide to keep it short and sweet. But still, something about the crusting blood deeply bothers you. "How'd a chain do that?" you murmur, shaking Ouija off of your leg to take a careful step toward the woman.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
So, so sorry I took so long to reply, my work schedule got all mixed up the past few days. ;-; Also, just thought I'd let you know that only the bonded character can hear their companion, but it's no big deal for right now. <3
@[Bellisma]

image credits
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-17-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 03-17-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-18-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 03-19-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-19-2015, 05:07 PM