the Rift

[OPEN] Look at the sea all day.

Bellisma Posts: 53
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 :: 8 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Bellisma
“Then it’s a pleasure to meet you, Voodoo,” ingrained manners make the words sound flat, but the brightness in her face contradicted the sound. Perhaps it was relief at not angering the man that put her face at ease, but it was a step in the right direction.

Bellisma’s eyes follow Ouija unseeingly as the fox trots off towards the movement of birds in dunes. Instead the sight of understanding- of empathy- on Voodoo’s face plays in her mind’s eye. Tulips ears flicker at yet another apology, but this one was not for anything he had done. It was an acknowledgment of her unfortunate life.

But! Enough dwelling on the past! She was free now! The only remnants of her prison were the scars on her leg, mind, and open cut. The first two took time, and the last— the last was being closely inspected by the nose the same color as her new scab.

Returning to the present, Bell’s body- which had relaxed briefly- once again became tight. Though her muscles were not taunt to run; she was immobile in anticipation of the nearness of his tall, warm body. This nearness never ended well for the mare (though usually did for the stallion, barring performance anxieties). And when they were this close… well there was no point in running.

Holding her breath, her eyes were openly staring once again at Voodoo. As his own warm breath washed over her scarred leg, she let out a surprised puff of air. The humid air from his nose felt… it felt pleasant.

Her breathing increased, in response to such a foreign, gentle touch. Her heart, which had been pounding against the lack of oxygen, leapt into a staccato. Anxiety pulled breathy words from her lips, “You’ve nothing to apologize for, Voodoo.”

A ripple turns her coat to liquid gold as the velveteen muzzle touches her skin for a brief moment, “And I’m sure it’s nearly healed-” the anxious, airy words were cut short at the dark stallion’s sudden movement. She starts, but stays in place, looking up at his dark face as she is rather dwarfed by his proximity.

Her golden flank has become speckled with dark copper as apprehension brings sweat to her hide. Or was it from the odd sensation that spread from her leg once Voodoo has brushed his nose against her? Indeed, her leg still tingled, but the sting from the salty cut was gone.

Delicate ears, already trained on him, barely pick up his whisper. She glances nervously at her leg, then whips her head to stare at him once she sees the healed scar. “Did you- did you mean to do that? You have magic?” finally the pretty bells chime loudly, amazement and wonder evident in her tone and face.

“I mean- I don’t mean to be ungrateful-” these words come out in a rush “What I mean to say is, thank you,” the chimes hush somewhat, but the gratitude makes them throaty, “That’s the kindest thing a stallion has done to me.” The clarity in her eyes makes this admission believable, and her face is once again glimmering with beauty now that the shadow of fear and anxiety has left it.

She smiles again, lighting her face. Alas, it falters instantly as the smell of more blood spirals into her nose. She had noticed the bright red against the merlot of his muzzle, but this came from elsewhere. Nostrils flare as her gaze rolls over his tall body, “Are you bleeding, now?” Her inspection had missed the cut in his inky, long legs.

Concern- concern over a stallion, no less- etches into her face. The absurdity of this entire situation then hits her, and a quiet giggle builds in her thin barrel and escapes her tiny muzzle. And the sliver of her blood on the stallions nose adds to her hilarity- perhaps it is an after effect of his healing magic. Whatever the case, Bell’s laugh tintinnabulated infectiously over the crashing surf. She couldn’t remember the last time she laughed with a stallion near. Regardless, the rare sound was lovely.

“Also, you’ve some of my-” the words break through the laugh, “You’ve some blood. On your nose.” She manages to contain the laugh to quiet giggles as she gazes gratefully at Voodoo.

ooc| Yes, I thesaurused the word tintinnabulate and I LOVE it. Hehe ;) I got tired of ‘chime’, ‘tinkle’ and ‘bell.’
And this got so much longer than expected! The way you write Voodoo just makes me want to keep typing, haha :)
@[Voodoo]
Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower; but only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf, so Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down day. Nothing gold can stay.
-Frost

Please tag Bellisma in every reply.

Messages In This Thread
Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-17-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 03-17-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-18-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 03-19-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-19-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 03-31-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 04-02-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Bellisma - 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Look at the sea all day. - by Voodoo - 04-15-2015, 03:16 AM