the Rift

[PRIVATE] Whips And Chains Excite Me
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
If her reaction—blank face and eyes worthy of being called glacial—was anything to go by.. this all sat deep, deep in her heart, and drawing it out, stiff and salty, from her mouth wasn't easy. Nor, apparently, was it easy to hear that, in a way, it had all been for nothing because the winter titan she was snuggled up against already knew. Something about it felt so absurd that it warped his dark lips into a lopsided smile and made his eyes briefly light up with something that wasn't tears.

And in a way, while he didn't really grace anyone with showing emotion, seeing her stunned was better than seeing something like.. tears, or a smile, or anything that the eyes can hide (because he knows all about the shield just beneath the iris)—

Because it was raw. It was true. It was pure, a moment's complete reflection of her soul.

I wonder if I've ever looked like that?

But had he ever been so truly, so deeply shocked that he went from the emotionless, shielding ice, and into that realm of stunned? The expressions were similar, he thought, except that one hid even that from sight, masking it up with.. nothing.

Alleshia's dainty head came up again, and he lifted his from the curve of her back, to better meet her blue eyes. Part of him wanted to step back, as if the time for embracing was over, but she had come closer and, as always, he was loath to deny anyone what they wordlessly asked for—what they needed. Instead, he just flicked one ear, trying to swallow the mouthful of guilt she poured down his ear canal. "Uhm," he began when she sighed, meaning to.. apologize, or something, or say that he'd been meaning to but it just never happened and with Psyche dying—

"My name is Sialia, by the way."

The name he had not known—the name Glacia had not told him. But he knew that she knew, that he was Mauja and not Liam, but the last fragility of their shared daydream was shattered by the sound of her name. He heard its last, pristine echo ringing through his mind, a brief and beautiful dirge, and then it was silent, swallowed by the rhythmic pounding of reality.

Life had caught up, at last.

"Mauja," he said, quietly, to the air by her withers—she knew, he knew that she knew, but it felt better to have said it from his own lips. After a moment he added, "though I suppose you already knew that."

[ @[Sialia] -- wrap this up soonish? it's oldddd. :( ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Sialia - 03-19-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Mauja - 03-20-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Sialia - 03-21-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Mauja - 03-23-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Sialia - 03-24-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Mauja - 03-24-2015, 11:19 AM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Sialia - 03-24-2015, 12:11 PM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Mauja - 03-25-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: Whips And Chains Excite Me - by Sialia - 04-14-2015, 03:43 PM