the Rift

[OPEN] Home

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
My hands are tied, my body bruised
she's got me with nothing to win and nothing left to lose

d’Artagnan watched in fascination as the antlered lad seemed to go from stiff to friendly in a passing moment. The Doctor almost nodded to himself, suspicion first and trust later, one of the best ways to survive. Or, at least, the Nightshade believed it as so. In fact, it was probably best to not trust at all if one could help it. This red-coated cutthroat had only ever trusted one horse and she was dead in the ground. In a glance she had captured and tamed his twisted heart, yet, in a moment she had fallen, motionless on the ground. Still, it was best he did not linger on that thought lest he dredge up her memory that still lingered so raw in his heart. There was no need to show this greenhorn the madness that lay dormant within, not yet anyway. Instead, he found himself grinning away and nodding along, he was only a season into his stay. "I prefer Frostfall myself, the days are shorter and the nights are longer" his voice hummed wistfully, he was eagerly awaiting the cold change. "You should stick around, the north is the best place to be" he said firmly. There had been a time in the past when he would have never of dreamt of saying such words, once a Doctor of the mists he had longed to return to that coastal cliff side and the drab forest. Yet, he had lived in the mountains for so long now that anywhere else just wasn’t right in his head. Well, for d’Artagnan that was, nothing was ever right in the Doctor’s head.

"Hah! Yes, good suggestion" he concurred with purring content and began to follow on next to the blonde haired stallion. Aramis set off in front and his dark body soon disappeared onto the horizon, the hellion never lingered long when the conversation lost his interest. There weren’t many conversations that kept the hounds attention.

By now, d’Artagnan had turned his attention onto the history of the mountains with a thin grimace. It wasn’t a great story in fact it was quite pitiful really. A God who probably felt sorry for them took in an outcasted band of unicorns and thus the Aurora Basin was created. There was more to it than that, but the shade was sure that was the bare bones of it. He took in a deep aged breath as he suddenly realized how long ago that was and looked to Grimalkin with interest "I’ve lived here since it was created and even before that. The God of Time created the Aurora Basin some few years back when a battle caused a few of us to flee the Worlds Edge to the mountains; we moved in here and the unicorns have held it ever since." Thinking back, it had been a dire moment in history, a moment that still made him bitter and angry. Though it had subdued somewhat over the years.

"Is there anything specific you’d like to know?"

@[Grimalkin]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Home - by d'Artagnan - 03-20-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 03-25-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Home - by d'Artagnan - 03-26-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 04-02-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Home - by d'Artagnan - 05-04-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 05-09-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: Home - by d'Artagnan - 05-17-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 05-27-2015, 06:01 AM