the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Dark Star

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
Have you ever really thought about what it would be like to lose one of your senses? To have this dark weight hanging over your head? To not truly be able to understand the world the same way that everyone else seemed to. To have to rely so strongly on your other senses that it became a part of who you were?

No, I doubt you have. It doesn't really matter though. I'm used to it by now. The shock that clouds others voices when they realize that the world is just a big black hole to me. Yea. It's okay. It's a dark, big, black hole that sucks everything else away. There are days when I fumble, but for the most part I know how to get around. I can feel the way that the earth shifts. I can feel the trees blow in the wind. I can hear the rustle of trees and the cracking of pebble against hoof. I am so used to it after thousands of years. But now, since I crossed into these lands a year and a half back, I have also been able to feel my body aging again. I hadn't aged in what felt like forever and what was forever for all of you.

Aye, this doesn't matter. Why am I even rambling? Today is supposed to be a free day. A day where Ettore and I could rest and he could try and actually learn how to fly instead of crash and fall. I had ventured back into the caves - struggling to find the room of glowing moss, where I had drawn the heart to confess my love for Alleo. Aye, it's true, I cannot actually see the beautiful green glow now, but during my quest for Ettore I could. So, plastering that memory in my mind Ettore assists me in finding the exact room once more. Then, once settled inside of it, I lay down inside the heart I had drawn. It was still there, even though the moss had grown back. It was just a little lower than the rest of the moss - almost imperceptible unless you had seen it when it was fresh and knew what you were looking for.

As I lay down, I pulled some of the vines toward me in order to offer Ettore a stepstool to hop down on. But, no. Today Ettore decided that trying to run and then hop off my back might serve him better in flying. "Oro te ne occidas discat cum volare," I warned him, ears flickering to listen to the sound of his wings trying to carry his frame in the air before he landed once more, tumbling across the moss in what seemed to be a far from elegant fashion.

Yes… this 'learning how to fly' thing might take a while. Really, I should be seeing if Africa or Sohalia's companions might be willing to assist him in learning. They were all like family, perhaps it would work better. After all - I knew that I couldn't actually assist him in these endeavours.

"Oro te ne occidas discat cum volare" = "Please, don't kill yourself while learning how to fly."
@[Roskuld]
Rasta
you're my downfall, you're my muse, my worst distraction, my rhythm and
blues - i can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you
Image Credit

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Dark Star - by Rasta - 03-21-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: !! Dark Star - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: !! Dark Star - by Rasta - 04-18-2015, 08:30 PM