the Rift

Will you map me oblivion (Shadow)

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

Peace shattered like a water droplet against solid rock. In a cacophony of fluttering wings, gobbling screams and tearing leaves a flock of birds took off from the nearby trees, setting off a chain reaction where other colonies of avians departed, one after the other until the air turned black with moving, fleeing bodies. The earthbound critters followed suit, foxes and raccoons taking the hint of fleeing rabbits and vacated the area, making way for the fury that came thundering into the clearing.

Beneath the shadows of swaying branches a Shadow snapped its head up in alarm. Amethyst eyes grew wilder than usual, ears pinned sharply to the poll and with a rustle like dead leaves or black silk a pair of raven wings unfurled from plumping sides, ready to carry her off to safety.

Fear swiftly changed into growing bewilderment as, instead of a rampaging dragon or rabid bear, a familiar figure appeared in her field of vision. Shadow could hear her most recent acquaintance shout something as she came thundering along, but she couldn't hear what it was. She lingered in place, wings still halfway spread as she waited for Maren to slam on the breaks, slow down and calm herself, but as seconds, heartbeats, instances passed, alarm bells began to ring in her head.

"Wait, what...!?!"

But Maren didn't wait. In a giant leap the tigress closed the distance between them and Shadow had to throw herself to the side to avoid a full on collision. It was however impossible to avoid the hard, pinching teeth that buried themselves in her shoulder, drawing a hoarse squeal of pain and surprise from her throat.

"Maren, what the hell!?" Still not fully grasping what was going on, a mixture of rage and confusion surged up within the black one at the unprovoked attack. Really, was she doing this again? She raised the left wing and brought the feathered limb down as hard as she could over where the pale nose-ridge ought to be, trying to pry the chomping mare off. Once free, the Blackbird dug her feet deep into the ground and surged ahead in a swift gallop, wings spreading fully now to take her up into the air, safely out of reach.

"Hey, have you lost your mind?" she shouted angrily at the woman she'd had thought of as a friend, a peculiar sensation of hurt blooming within the chest. "What's this about?"

She carried herself with a new grace in the air, clumsiness and stubby legs vanished for the grace of a soaring bird. Round and around she flew, until she thought herself perpendicular to the fair-haired girl's left side. In a flash of raven feathers the crow made a sudden dive and aimed for the striped rump with a dark front hoof. Payment for her aching shoulder it was, a small retaliation for the sudden charge; Shadow wasn't too fond of fights lately, if possible she wouldn't do this at all... but it wasn't like she was going to just stand around and let herself be beaten to a pulp either. If Maren really had lost her mind then she'd have herself to blame for picking this fight.

WC: 530
PC: 1/3

Summary: Take the bite to the shoulder. Gets into the air and circle out of reach for a while, then dive down from above on Maren's left side, aiming her own left leg at the rump.

@[Maren] Sorry for the wait!

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Maren - 03-22-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Shadow - 03-29-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Maren - 04-06-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Sevin - 04-28-2015, 10:50 PM