the Rift

Will you map me oblivion (Shadow)

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

She was no bull, pounding angrily on the dry earth, but she might as well been one, for she was blinded. Not by red, but rather by a rainbow of doom and chaos; filled with all the wrong hues and emotions - And thus the tiger-striped mare did only faintly notice the poor Shadow's bewilderment - and then that looming rage to match her own. Which was good, yes. Let's both be mad. Let's both rage. Let's both just tear things up and regret it later - together.

In the haste of the moment that was a blur for her, while she felt the rush of whatever there was left to feel, her ivory teeth sank in the dark shoulder of the mare. A voice in the back of her mind screamed, begged her to stop, but they sank into the flesh deeper anyway. There were simply to many other voices shouting louder, drowning all that could be called just in the mighty lake of Ignorance and Insignificance.

After all, she didn't even know why she had chosen Shadow as her billy-goat. Did not know why she couldn't just have chosen someone impervious like Gaucho instead, who would've just been able to casually shove her aside, as if he was dusting the earth as if part of his daily routine. Perhaps it was because she had already fought shadow: Vocally - had already tasted the explosive chemicals that were there to be burst between them. Maybe, deep down, she had already been wanting to fight her ever since they had tangled themselves in that word fight, that time ago. Whatever it was, it did not matter now.

"Maren, what the hell!?"

At some point her hooves hit the ground again - and the aftertaste of salt her mouth: A reward as it should have felt like, but didn't. Shadow's words did not sound hurt or betrayed, just confused and annoyed. Nevertheless, it did spark some faraway emotion; regret, perhaps - But it didn't dare to last long, for when the tigermare looked over her shoulder, expecting to cross those purple eyes, a feathered bone hit her on her sensitive nose. With a squeal that could have been that of a squirrel, the tigermare crawled away, creating space for the dark shadow to take off. She sniffed, spreading her nostrils under a pained frown. Stupid, she realized the dumbness of her reaction as her upwards angled gaze watched how the shadow now soar. Admiring, the wings beside her head began to flap: The Icelandic pony flew, leaving Maren, pegasus number two, grounded on the earth... And it only made her ache worse. She clenched her teeth as her tensed muscles embraced that yearning heart, pleading to be relieved of its stress and overflow of biting emotions that were left to be its only company. With an empty throat Maren watched the silhouette in the sky; embraced by blue. There it was, that ache. That horrible ache. She swallowed, finding her eyes being caught in the depths of the darkness of Shadow's fluffy belly: A black hole of hollow despair.

She swallowed, wetting her mouth before she could bring herself to shout back into the heavens that were her enemy now. "A SPAR", she shouted in a flat, yet inviting voice over the forest, not feeling the want to explain to the whole world - and Shadow - that her mind was indeed a disastrous mess. "That's what this is about." She attempted to also provide a smile, but failed.

Expecting the blackbird to keep hanging there for a few seconds more, Maren's gaze jumped down again, blinking against the changed colors-heme as she found herself out of balance after having looked up for so long. Nevertheless her eyes tried to follow the shadow of the Shadow that moved on the ground. But then, still wobbling on her hooves, that shadow suddenly appeared to have lost its pattern. With the false-feeling realization that Shadow was attacking, some kind of desperate reflex got activated and made Maren let herself fall to her right side, in the arms of the earth - but well out of the reach of Shadow's. She caught herself with her knees, grunted, as gravel penetrated itself like piercings through the thin skin of her legs. "...And life threw me lemons." she quickly spat, literally, for her mouth got filled with the powder that the force of Shadow's wings had pulled from the ground. Then, without a second thought, Maren threw all the horsepower she could muster into her haunches and jumped after the, once again, grounded blackbird. While staying clear of her black hind, Maren pulled her front into a rear, attempting to catch Shadow's left wing under her belly, - and then tried to slam into Shadow's left shoulder from the back.

@[Shadow]
Words: 799 (2/3,
Summary: Gets hit on the nose by Shadow's wing by take-off, then falls on knees on the gravel when dodging Shadow's attack from the sky.
Maren then attempts to get to Shadow from behind, throwing herself over her left wing and attempting to slam into Shadow's left shoulder.
Image Credit
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Maren - 03-22-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Shadow - 03-29-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Maren - 04-06-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Will you map me oblivion (Shadow) - by Sevin - 04-28-2015, 10:50 PM