the Rift

// It's a new adventure

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

The quiet footsteps of an ordinary looking stranger leave no echo, no whisper through the dark woods. In the night time he comes like a shadow, the darkness swallowing him whole. There is nothing remarkable about him, but the gold bands that decorate his legs or the scars that mar his body. He moves through the forest without stopping, not resting, not seeking shelter. His travels have been patient and he retains the energy he started out with. He's sure that someone will notice him in the forest and try to invite him to their home. Isn't that how all new lands work? Some sort of greeting, recruitment process? But whether he will take up their invitation, he's not yet sure. It would be best, he thinks, to wait until the offers are made and weight the pros and cons.

He finally stops for a moment, to get his bearings, and try to notice any landmarks that may guide him in the future. But much of the forest looks the same, and he wonders if he might accidentally wander into someone's territory. Not that he would be opposed to starting a little something, but he'd like to do it intentionally. He looks to his right. Then to his left. Emerald eyes scan his surroundings as he makes note of the pool of water up ahead, the strange clearing he believes lies through the trees to the south. His tail slices through the air as he whips his flanks with it, finding himself a little annoyed at the sudden indecisiveness of where to go. He's been wandering at least a day through this forest and still stumbled upon no inhabitants. Not to mention he's still in the same damn forest. This new land must be vast, and so there must be a great many things to explore and devour here.

"I wonder who will be the first to appear." He muses quietly to myself, barely above a whisper in the eerily silent night. "Who will dare to make themselves known to me." A deep chuckle passes his lips. With an eidetic memory, no one will escape the legends of his mind.

360 words
Open

Messages In This Thread
// It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-23-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Colt - 03-23-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-26-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Colt - 03-26-2015, 06:00 PM