the Rift

// It's a new adventure

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

I stand silent as she answers me, and she smirks. She thinks me dumb, perhaps. I do not mind that assumption. It leaves me able to work my own agenda with much less suspicion. I do not answer her first question, instead letting her continue speaking. My green eyes are perceptive but my lips pressed gently together. When she begins listing her offers, I realize that she is not just interested in bringing me 'home', but desperate. Again, this works well enough for me. It leaves me at a greater advantage, with more leverage in this budding partnership. Commander of battle, a spy. Swear devotion, pester others to join our cause, instill fear? Only the last request is something I truly have interest in. Bringing fear to the hearts of those I meet is my greatest pleasure.

And so as she finishes, perhaps nervously awaiting my reply, my chapped, scarred lips part. The words that emanate from my chest sound so sincere, so genuine and enthusiastic. It does not matter to me that they are lies. "You may address me as Diesel." No bow of the head, no polite nod or gesture. That is not how I conduct myself. I continue with a simple, subtle smile. "I do not fight battles, and I do expect a position of authority." The smile fades as I prepare and finally recite my lie. "I pledge my undying loyalty to you and our cause of rooting out the infidelity and impurity among us, m'Lady." All seriousness across my face. "Lead on." And with that, I have pledged myself to death, fear, and destruction. I could not be happier.

314 words
@[Colt]

Messages In This Thread
// It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-23-2015, 01:58 AM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Colt - 03-23-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Diesel - 03-26-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: // It's a new adventure - by Colt - 03-26-2015, 06:00 PM