the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Sound of Music

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

Kvothe
A story is a way of preserving the memories of those long forgotten to time.

I was filled with a...restlessness. A rumor of my brother's appearance had led me to flee Helovia for a while, only to discover that it had been merely my own actions that left a memory. So I returned, ashamed at my behavior. I had left without a word or notice to my friends... and a glance around the Grove left a foul taste upon my tongue. Was my troupe gone, vanishing before we could even get it rolling? Elodin, feeling my regret, pressed against me, his small body a pillar to me, his presence throughout my thoughts so reassuring and comforting it once drove me to tears of joy.

A heavy, weary sigh slipped past my lips, and I drop my dark head to nudge my little soulmate, feeling his little mouth gumming at my cheek. Our bond... it was the strangest thing I had ever felt in my life. He was far more than a little antelope that chose to follow me, nay, he was everything to me, a part of my body, my soul, that I prayed would never be severed from me. Bicolored eyes closed as I pressed my muzzle to his small form, basking in my little prince's reassurance. Despite his haughty and often distant demeanor, the child had such gentleness within him.

I raise my head, looking around the empty grove with sorrow. Where were my companions? My friends? Aisling, sweet as a summer bird's song, and Finn as lovable as a bumbling puppy? Elodin looks up at me, and before I can even realize it he is gone, bounding away and vanishing into the underbrush. His thoughts are vague, I can't divine his purpose, yet when I move to pursue him he practically yells for me to stay, and it's enough to startle me into obeying the boy.

I frown after him, then shake my head, bells chiming as I turn my focus to the pond. Such memories here... This was where I had been gifted with my magic, where my dream of a troupe to call my own had come to fruition. Yet... what did I have to show for my time here? This place...

It was a place of dreams, memories and empty promises.

""Speech."

@[Rei]
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
The Sound of Music - by Kvothe - 03-23-2015, 03:45 PM
RE: The Sound of Music - by Rei - 03-23-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: The Sound of Music - by Kvothe - 03-23-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: The Sound of Music - by Kvothe - 03-27-2015, 06:27 PM
RE: The Sound of Music - by Rei - 03-28-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: The Sound of Music - by Kvothe - 03-31-2015, 12:20 AM