the Rift

[OPEN] this thing they call life, it sucks.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
[ I'm really sorry it took me this long to get to! ]

When your allegiance lays with none, you are free to roam—maybe even expected to. And when your heart is homeless.. you have even less reason to remain in the same place. The magnetic pull of his affection had dimmed with time, the fire having flared and gone out, but he knew that it was still there, hidden beneath all those layers of ice and snow and flesh. If she asked it of him, he would follow her to the ends of the earth, and do anything for her.

But as it was, he hadn't seen her for.. uhh.. a season? A while? And it had his heart growing empty and cold and the world desolate, lifeless, as if something was missing—that little ray of sunshine—and he suddenly understood what it.. maybe, could've felt like, when he disappeared for all those intervals of time and then just.. came back.

After one year.

Two years.

More. Who knew. How many times had he abandoned them and then just come back, as if he hadn't been away at all, when in reality he had left them alone? And if they had cared, like he thought they had, it would've been this same feeling, wouldn't it? But he didn't feel abandoned, or like it was her fault... He just felt as if something was growing colder.

So maybe what they mourned was not him, but the passing of a future.

Tallsun was in its prime, having gained its full strength and holding on bitterly in the face of shortening days and oncoming chill. The nights offered respite but the days were harsh and cruel, and Mauja had begun to think the cover of sweat upon his flanks was a permanent addition to his person. His tail washed in futility against his sides, generating a minimal breeze, and at some point he had just decided that he hated mainland summer and gone north across the isthmus. The ground was still a hard tundra beneath a soggy top layer of melted snow that turned to frosty ice the further north he came, hardy grass that was more like thin sticks poking up here and there. And while the sun beat down mercilessly, it wasn't quite as hot, and the breeze a little fresher, and life just a tad easier.

And as always, when you're trying to put your mind off something and fill your days with something that didn't remind you of that niggling emptiness.. you leap at your chances. Because as he trekked north, the owls riding the cooling breezes above him, he found something. Or rather, someone. It was a mare as pale as himself, pure feather wings stretching from her shoulders, her hair thick and long, falling in ice-blue waves. Mauja found his 'brows rising as he came closer, frosted hooves at home on these permafrost grounds. Aside from some very obvious differences, like race and physique, why, they almost looked like they could be related.

But that wasn't the most wondrous thing.

The most wondrous thing was the gentle snowfall coming down from the clear blue sky, falling soft and silent upon her and the ground behind her. "Snow," Mauja said in delight as he came within its range, little flakes spiraling down to melt upon his thin summer coat—and a moment later he laughed, a pure and gentle sound.

[ @[Elsa] .. I also had this moment of revelation: Mau/Elsa babies would look sexy. xD Anyway uhm this took me a while to respond to and what with the invasion, if you feel it's awkward to have this thread we could keep it short and then have another one once everything with the war is settled? Up to you, really :) ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
this thing they call life, it sucks. - by Elsa - 03-24-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: this thing they call life, it sucks. - by Mauja - 04-07-2015, 04:43 AM