the Rift

[DROP] Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
Megaera & Gwaihir
they fought as legends

Megaera and Gwaihir cut through the sky together. Wave upon wave of joy and excitement passed between their connection, stemming from both of the intertwined souls and building in each other. Though the young eagle was free now of the fluffy white down he had hatched in and had emerged in feathers of glossy dark brown; he had been practicing for some time, but this was their first true flight together. They soared, two creatures of the sky, cementing their bond in the exhilaration of flight. “Free! Sky!” Meg heard his words in her mind and she laughed in delighted agreement. The positively danced through the sky, circling and weaving around each other as they moved north over sands and finally over water. As little as Meg liked to leave Mordecai, this was something that they needed to do together, just the two of them. Her daughter would be safe and happy with Einarr for a short while, and shoe could take this moment with her bonded.

As they coursed over the stretch of water that separated the Throat from the rest of Helovia, a beam of fire, so akin to Megaera’s own light, beckoned from the Heart. The pair kicked up their speeds and in a matter of short minutes Meg’s hooves were touching down expertly near the cavern’s entrance where her most honored God had gathered a crowd to him. The mare was forestalled in a praising call by the God’s call for silence, so she sunk into a deep bow before moving forward to place herself amongst the gathered. Gwaihir had circled the area, and when Meg had settled, landed to take his usual place perched upon her withers. From that vantage point, his golden eyes glared with haughty disapproval at all these strangers and he punctuated his agitation to his Meg with a subdued call and a gentle peck at her neck. “Hush Gwaihir, we must listen.” Meg instructed through their bond, and both fixed their gaze on the fiery immortal.

At the Sun’s instruction, Megaera peered curiously down at the shimmering screen. Upon a stretch of shimmering sand stood a laughing Mordecai, happy and safe, with Gwaihir perched protectively upon her shoulders. Behind them stood Einarr, his protective gaze upon their daughter. Beside the black stallion stood three more: Gaucho, Hector and Cera. Beyond them stood the rest of Dragon’s Throat: Amprere and the warriors, the hoard of playful foals and the rest of their desert nation. Meg smiled down, warmed at the sight of all those that gave her life purpose and meaning; at her family. But something else crept into the vision, unbidden and unwanted. In the far distance, behind where her family stood happy and safe in the light of the Sun, dark clouds loomed upon the horizon. They were a whispered threat against the ones she loved. Meg wanted to yell, but they would not hear her warning. Only her dark eyes could see the threat, and so it was only Meg who could stand against it.

Around her, others told her bright God what they had seen and Meg lifted her gaze from the disturbinh scene and added her voice in response. “I see a threat upon my family. Though they are safe and happy now, they might not always be so if I cannot protect them.” Fear only drove her determination, for Megaera there would never be a course of action where she failed to protect those she loved. “I must guard them.” Her words were punctuated by a fierce scream from Gwaihir. “I protect. My Meg.”

Words: 598
Summary: Meg lands, bows to the Sun God and Gwaihir joins her. She sees her family and herd, shadowed by distant threats that only she can see. Expresses her desire and determination to protect them.
Wishlist: Here
Seeking: :: [Magic: ShockxFire | Can shoot a jet of fiery red lightening from her eyes, the energy comes out in a constant steam causing severe burns and gouging to organic material.]
Other: Will be using my 3 extra rolls if they are needed – No Prior Refusals

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Megaera - 03-26-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Diesel - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM