the Rift

No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open]

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[x.x Sorry!]

The voice that cuts through the air startles the stallion and falcon that are so bent over their work. A beard sways as Coris throws his head, eyes lost in white for a moment before the surprise recedes from him with each palpitation of his heart. Beside him Venati merely twists his head around, large eyes blinking with limited interest before his head sways back to the corpse he's handling. He takes his roles with a solemn seriousness.

"Ah....Louts," Coris murmurs, dragging the name up from his memories of their past encounter. "They say you should not startle a horse from sleep if he walks with eyes open, but I think it is the same for a horse bent in craft," Coris speaks gently, humor giving his tone a lightness that gives an equally slight lift to his lips.

The mewl of a cat has Venati's head twisting once more, carefully watching the slinking feline with a burrowing expression. As the cat nears a choice hare the falcon clicks his beak, wings buffeting the wind briefly before he settles down. They are all his kills he labored over collecting and he would not have the untrained paws of the cat muddling them up.

"Easy Venati, there is plenty to share and more to catch another dawn," Coris says in gentle reprimand of the possessive bird. Black eyes do no leave the cat, but the talons seem to loosen their tight grip on the neck of the rabbit he held.

"Between him and the cat I think that'll be no problem," Coris laughs in response to Lotus' first words. His eyes are inquisitive however as she lingers, even offering to engage conversation. She was a difficult mare to read, being well mannered and a bit reserved. She was prideful, it was there in the tilt of her head and the way she curled her prince to her side that other day. He supposed she had a right to be, just as he.

"No, no not today. I'm training Venati in some of my arts. I need his help while I continue to try and return the ability lost to me. By the gods' might perhaps I'll have it one day..." he trailed off with a distracted mumble, forehead creased with a distant thought and a reminder to get back to that as soon as he could. After a moment Coris seems to awaken, eyes brightening and he glances at Lotus once more, refreshed. "Why, do you need one?"

Messages In This Thread
No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open] - by Coris - 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open] - by Coris - 10-19-2012, 01:04 AM