the Rift

No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open]

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Lotus
He was a jumpy fellow, it was not as if I was attempting to push him off the Edge of our lands, or otherwise threaten his livelihood. No, rather, I admired his focus, his passion for the arts that he is obviously devoted to.

I smile at his words, before focussing upon the creatures who share links to our minds. Dirk is crouched still, the end of his dark brown tail twitching in anticipation. "Dirk," I intone, though the force of my mind against his is stronger than the words I speak. "You will wait. These kills are not yours to sully." As I speak I wave my horn towards the scattered carcasses, emphasising my words with the sweeping action.

He mews again, before rising from his crouch to simply sit, seemingly unperturbed, and watches the proceedings with a supervisory air. Amusement glitters behind my eyes, mixed with pride for the obedience of my charge.

Coris then elaborates upon his plan, mentioning the Gods. It is the Earth God that I look to, though I will admit I have not directed my thoughts to be as prayer-like as they should be recently. Too focussed upon raising my son, and carrying this new life, the matters of the Gods s of little concern to me.

As Coris' mind seemingly wanders so to does mine, but he addresses me with a query directly, referring to the coat that I previously mentioned. Another smile softens the feminine curves of my façade once again.

"While the coming winter will no doubt be trying, my hide is capable of keeping me warm enough. Thank you, though." I chew over the words he mentioned before, curiosity growing within me - I glance to my feline companion, wondering if the sensation was heightened by his natural weakness to the yearning for knowledge. "You have sought guidance from the Gods, then?" There is a small sense of wonder in my tones, as an old yearning to serve the Earth God reignites.

Messages In This Thread
No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open] - by Coris - 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open] - by Coris - 10-19-2012, 01:04 AM
RE: No good deed goes unpunished [Lotus/open] - by Lotus - 11-03-2012, 06:19 PM