the Rift

[OPEN] Evil is created, not born.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Two sets of narrowed gems witnessed all that would occur from a respectful distance; they lurked in shadow (though tis naturally impossible for either creature to be completely cloaked). Still, the two stayed out of sight and hidden high above in Basin timber. Within the canopy those babes of fire and ice stood fast with everlasting patience. Earnestly watching their bonded. The long, treacherous night had finally relinquished hold; allowing a burning blood colored orb to start playing peeka boo above its shadowy horizon. They watched and waited. A cloudy heaven had formed above this pair; tis unnaturally dark and the heart of those clouds drummed like the crashing of water cascading from a cliff.

There was an equal throbbing occurring down below. My head pounded and ached. Those blasted curs had plucked me from my perch during the night -- many a wolf, (to many to cross alone.) All harboring a stench that became sickeningly familiar to me. Mountains and stagnant northern salt. This crown rose, painfully slow from its slacked position. A soft groan drifted to these lips, I quelled it even as the heated throb intensified. Secondly, (but more forcefully,) there is a growing weight hanging from the flesh that dangled from the perch of my throat. Thirst. Yet there was no water to be had from this empty glade. A gangly snarl of branches vined like snakes above me. Their fingers effectively rendering both heavy pinions along my barrel utterly useless.

Dual lids shut themselves, attempting to lull the hollow pounding to a dull echo. Beyond sight, their sky crackled angrily -- thunder that mimicked a land I'd come to call home. I wasn't alone here; nay, this soul felt them...friend and foe were close. The tedious fools kept watch of their captive lion who lay outnumbered, but not subdued...nay...there was still plenty of life to be had. Energy born from my immortal flesh would help mend the bruising they'd pressed upon this skull.
Lids opened, the hazy center sharpening, hardening.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Evil is created, not born. - by Midas - 03-26-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Evil is created, not born. - by Thranduil - 03-29-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Evil is created, not born. - by Arah - 03-30-2015, 09:04 PM