the Rift

A friend in high places (Tamira)(CLOSED)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

Home sweet home.

The choice was rewarded with a pleased smile, and the fae lowered her gaze shyly, allowing her long lashes to cover her orbs. Warmth blossomed in her chest, spreading through her veins like fire. Never before had she felt so welcomed. She hesitated briefly, eyes flicking to Midas' face before she stretched her nape towards the painted stallion, allowed her muzzle to briefly, lightly touch his shoulder, a touch of gratitude. Then her cranium quickly snaked back to its place in front of her bodice. "Very well, let us venture forward and you can tell me of your desires for a job within this herd," Midas said, his golden eyes sweeping over her. Tamira tilted her head slightly. She had never really had to consider a job, as she had been wandering for years. What would she show an aptitude for? Would it even be wise for her to take a position in a herd with her condition?

How would I even help?

Memories of her mother flooded her mind. A kind-hearted fae, much like Tamira herself, Deana had been a healer in their herd. Perhaps not a healer in every sense of the word, as she had primarily served as a midwife in particularly difficult births. She had cared for pregnant mares as though their babe was her own, and after the younglings were born, she had looked after them, too. But in their herd, she was considered a healer nonetheless. In Tamira's travels, she had come across true healers, with magic to help them work. In the back of her mind, the femme had wondered what it would be like to possess such a power, to be of such use to others. Now she revisited this notion, even as Midas continued speaking. "I would guess you are of a Healing line?" The chocolate mare turned her own head, squarely meeting his gaze, surprise evident in her eyes.

Am I that easy to read?

"My mother was a healer, though not a very good one, I've found," she told him, "although I believe you're referring to my nature rather than my bloodline." This last part was spoken with a smile. How simple it seemed for him to read her. "I've never had a reason to give much thought to my place in a herd before," she admitted softly. "But yes, your guess would be correct. I would much rather give life and help to my family than anything else." A frown crossed her maw briefly as she thought, and then spoke: "But I haven't any healing magic or even experience. I only ever watched my mother, and even that was only for a short time. How would I be able to do such a job without any knowledge of the craft?" Would this mean she would have to choose a different occupation?

I just want to help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-06-2012, 02:00 AM