the Rift

A friend in high places (Tamira)(CLOSED)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

To be able to help people?

Is that something that she would be able to do? Oh, how lovely it would be to have the chance to give something back to those who would take her in. To make up for any pain she might cause. To give them a reason to have her. How desperately she wanted this: to be wanted and needed instead of repulsed and sent out into the world to find her own way, and just because she had an unfortunate condition. She had long since resigned herself to the fact that this was the way of the world, to be cast off for the slightest imperfection. Could it be that this was not the case?

I must have died and gone to heaven.

His nicker caught her unaware, and she glanced his way as a smile lit her features. Surely everything she thought she had gathered about the world wasn't going to go up in smoke. She would be relieved, of course, to learn that those who resided her would truly allow her to become a part of their family. But it was simply too good to be true. And in the desert, after all, it was easy to see something that was not there. It would be a mirage, and illusion; it would be there and then gone in the blink of an eye, leaving the viewer lost and alone. And she had not desire to be either of those yet again.

It can't be so easy.

"The art of Healing is foreign to me,” Midas informed her. This did not surprise her. The way he carried himself bespoke other knowledge. "But others within this clan will be able to teach the needed knowledge.” But how could it just be this simple? There had to be some hoax, some trick going on, and what poor taste it was! But no, Midas did not have such cruelty in his soul, of that, she was sure. And so it must be real. “I can help you seek out Onni, when you are settled.”

What pure luck I have stumbled across!

One last vocalization: "Take all the time that you need to decide on this.” She did not have to consider long, of course. "I would like that very much." Her disbelief at her good fortune was quite evident in her voice; it was a sound of wonder, excitement. It was everything that she could have dreamed of to have wound up here, and she would be forever thankful to Midas for bringing her here. That is, if she were allowed to stay.

Please, oh please...

Messages In This Thread
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-06-2012, 02:00 AM