the Rift

[OPEN] Refuge for broken hearts
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia had to keep her head down and hooves moving to continue past the Hidden Falls. Slight upon slight had built, weighing her heart heavy with anger and rage. Normally a pillar of control and calm, she was now unraveling. She ground her teeth together on their walk, casting cruel glances to the east until snow and splendor swept her up in its deathly embrace. Here, among the winds and planes of white, she finally inhaled a breath that released anger pressing on the spring of her passions, and she slowed her relentless pace, able to finally look at her sister once more.

Unfortunately, she had been ignoring Ktulu. Simply looking upon her sister's broken face would have sent her careening headlong into a solo struggle, a battle in which she nor Torleik would forgive her for engaging. Instead, she spoke in Ktulu's mind, reassuring her that she needed the quiet for some time, and she hoped that her twin would understand. Frost plumed from her lips like smoke, and she invited Ktulu through a narrow mountain pass, so easily missed between gray stone fortress walls. Up and around it curved, leading past two, massive metal beasts that stood with terrifying impassivity.

"One of Torleik's relatives made those," she commented absently, finally coming to rest in the grassy, beautiful Basin that was her home. The summer, so hot and miserable for others, was beautiful here. Fields of green and earthy smells filled her nostrils, and she shook the snow from her back, welcoming the more moderate temperatures here inside the walls. "Welcome to my home, Ktulu," she said warmly, looking around at the splendor she was allowed to lead. "I will show you to my cave to rest..."

Ophelia smoothly walked toward one of the mountain walls, picking out a dark crevice in the rock. She moved paused just outside the entrance, nodding her head inside. "You may stay here. I will be by the lake; I hope to speak to Torleik..." A small smile crossed her lips. "I think... I think you were right about him."

@[Ktulu]

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Refuge for broken hearts - by Ophelia - 03-27-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Refuge for broken hearts - by Ktulu - 03-28-2015, 09:38 PM