the Rift

[OPEN] Craft Me a Song

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei

I was looking for a crafter, but Bucephalus is not one I had hoped to nor expected to find in answer to my search. What seems to be long ago, maybe a season or so past, we had met; yet my pride still stings with the affects from our meeting. My ears flick back briefly before coming to neutral ground. How I wish to hurl some measure of success at the stallion. I want to stomp my hooves and arch my neck to inform him of the grand purpose I have found for myself. But what is there to be flaunted whenever it doesn't exist? I consider telling him some tall tale. Perhaps I have been away from the Throat and have no ranking in the herd due to my time spent in the Deep Forest, where I was savior to a band of fae that made me their queen.

"I want a collar to play music. I imagine it with engravings of the wildflowers that scatter across Helovia with a song just as pretty. It would also be wonderful if one side could be left as a storage compartment." Blushing brightly I hum the song that I had come up with. Excitement seizes me as I voice my final idea to Bucephalus. I tell him of the small wheels that spun to make the tiny bars ring out. Realizing a stallion of purpose could think my idea to be frivolous I tell him of what has led me to the idea.

"Helovia is lovely.. but in Lytninia there was a band that traveled sharing their music. Music was their life. They were nameless and each was only known by his or her song. I may not have that sort of devotion to music but I still remember the effect their music had." Never, no matter how I age, will I forget the sight of Lytninia's castes being stripped away by note after note of song. Everyone had danced and sang our folk songs. Merriment had. Could I bring such a thing to Helovia? "I want to try to bring such a feeling to those here that I have met. So if you also have the time to make charm sized musical boxes I would love to be able to gift those I meet with their own songs."

"It was you who made a stance about working for the herd. So I do have a request so that I may serve." I do not feel comfortable around the crafter and it shows more than what I would like it to. My words are halting; each seems to pause on my tongue before teetering off of the edge of my lips. "I can write." Wanting to do something to impress Bucephalus I paw at the ground below us to loosen the desert floor before extending my wing to carefully write.

乗用馬

"It is your name," I look up from the characters to the stallion, "I could record events, stories, information, anything that may be needed. But I am without the supplies to do so." Once more I look down to my writing and his name. It is faint and the lines lack the firm steady strokes that I could once do. "As you saw I wrote with my feather," my voice is now confident and self assured, "back where I am from writers had pieces that they tipped their writing feathers with. It makes for smoother spreading of ink and for heavier lining. What I do with my feather is so faint."

As if to illustrate my words a breeze comes to blow away his name. Quietly I watch as my writing is covered by grain after grain of sand. "I would also need books to record writing in. Along with a mortar and pestle to make my inks." A light dances in my eye that resembles the look that those in a barter gain. I have pitched my idea now I wait for the response.

@[Bucephalus]

image credits
- table by Niki -
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Craft Me a Song - by Rei - 03-29-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: Craft Me a Song - by Bucephalus - 04-19-2015, 02:15 PM
RE: Craft Me a Song - by Rei - 04-20-2015, 04:23 PM