the Rift

[OPEN] Do you see the world in different colors?

Ísfold Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
And you're locked inside my heart
And your melody's an art
And I won't let the terror in I'm stealing time
Through the eye of the needle

The small palomino raised her head and gazed towards the horizon. Through her left eye she could the sun setting. This was the mare’s favorite time of the day for a couple of reasons, the main ones being the beauty the sun left behind, coloring the sky and the surroundings in warm colors, contrasting the cold that settled inside of her. Secondly, it brought a relief from the heat. Even though the mare longed for warmth in her heart she preferred her skin to be cold. Often the mare wondered if the climate was the right one for her, it was definitely not what she was used to, and she wondered if she would ever get used to it. Ísfold hoped though, she liked Dragon’s Throat, and so far, she did not have a reason to leave.

I take a deep breath before I turn away from the sunset and begin to walk towards me usual sleeping spot. So far I have just been lurking around. I have seen a few herd members in the distance but not managed to build up my courage to head over and speak with them, when I consider it a rush of anxiety rushes through me, so I try to avoid it. A part of me knows I can’t go on like this forever, but I try to ignore it. I attempt another deep breath to relieve the constant tangle that is my heart, twisted and mutilated, weighing me down each day. I close my eyes for a second as I continue to walk forward, I can feel the sadness overwhelm me and wish to hurry to my spot. However, when I open my eyes I notice an odd sight.

A dark colored equine, sporting white front legs hovers over what looks like a rock, though as I focus on it better it appears to be an egg. I can’t tell though, my left eye can only see so much. Near the equine. No. A unicorn. Near the unicorn is a white colored creature. The texture of its body is odd, scale like. My previous thoughts have been pushed to the back of my mind momentarily as I examine this odd sight. Soon a golden like creature appears as well. I assume my guess was right, it was an egg. Usually I keep my thoughts to myself, and snuff out the flame of curiosity whenever it sparks in my mind. However now I feel it overpowering. I also wonder if my solitary has reached its maximum as I feel myself taking a cautious step towards the unicorn and its creatures.

I come to a halt about three meters away from the trio. I don’t know if I have been spotted but I am fairly certain of it. As my lips part I feel the shyness build up inside of me. I had not thought much about what I would say as I approached, I had been too fascinated with the creatures. I blink a few times before I manage to croak out in a weak voice. “Hello,” I say and feel myself cower a bit. From the distance I did not realize the size of the unicorn. I don’t feel threatened, but I feel quite out of place, and I wonder if I made a huge mistake. Perhaps they wanted to be left alone. It is however too late to turn around now. “My name is Ísfold, I wouldn't be surprised if you don’t know me, I tend to lay low …”, I don’t know anyone here except Rei and assume not many know who I am either. “I hope I am not intruding, I just couldn't help but come over, I have never seen anything like this before,” I managed to say as my gaze turns towards the scaled creatures.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you see the world in different colors? - by Ísfold - 03-31-2015, 07:29 AM