the Rift

[PRIVATE] Be Brave

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

The solemn look in her eyes was enough to solidify her words in Archibald's mind. The king reached forward with his nose in an attempt to lay a soft, comforting touch to her shoulder. He was not sure how she would accept it at this time, but the queen had never been cold to him. She had learned to trust him, knowing bits and pieces of his past. This was something the Dauntless would never take for granted--her trust and open heart were not items for Archibald to capitalize on with malice. No, he vowed to continue to counsel her and protect her as he had since joining the World's Edge. That meant letting her fight as she had against Aurelia when Archibald stopped Kaj from deterring the mentally deranged, flame-covered pegasus. It also meant standing at her side and delivering news that was hard, as he had during the meeting after the reveal of the Moon goddess' treachery. Archibald was King and Kahlua was Queen, and with Kaj their other King, they would stand strong as long as the world willed them.

Loretta turned first when Kaj approached, and then Archibald. The combatant pair listened as Kaj spoke, completely agreeing with each word that dripped from his pale lips. Archibald had been thinking of war of invasion since he and Kahlua traveled to the Deep Forest to gather water from the crimson pool. "We must invade the Hidden Falls. Midas hurt Ktulu too deeply, and you were all present to see the way Ghost presented herself when they visited us first. I will travel north, to see Ophelia, and ask that she join us in arms. I can leave now, the journey is a memorized trek in my bones and muscles. Going alone...will help. I am less conspicuous that way if I see anyone else on my journey, and I believe we will be better able to communicate our true reasons with an intimate meeting." Archibald nodded and Loretta turned to leave, waiting for the sign of her bondmate. "If we gain the support of the Basin, or not, I will return to give war counsel." There was no need for Archibald to detail his experience as a warlord, for the two before him knew well enough.

As Kahlua moved forward to embrace Kaj, Archibald nodded to himself before looking Kaj straight in his ice colored eyes. "We will protect our family." and with that, the Dauntless and the Fierce were off toward the Aurora Basin.

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Be Brave - by Kahlua - 03-31-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Be Brave - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Be Brave - by Kaj - 03-31-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Be Brave - by Kahlua - 03-31-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Be Brave - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 08:06 PM