the Rift

[OPEN] Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS

I will give your heart a place to rest when everything you had has turned and left.
I'll weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.

The time that lapsed between Archibald leaving Ktulu with Ophelia in the meadow had not been great, but it had been enough for the King to decide what needed to be done. So, with his bitch in tow at his side, Archibald made his way north. The trek was long and arduous, but his hefty body and hardy nature was enough to endure it with ease. Loretta's mood seemed to improve the further north they pushed. As the temperature dropped a new pep was added to the malamute's step. She was in a land that was particular to her breeding, and Archibald witnessed the pup in her as she played and ran as they travelled as she often did in the deep throws of winter. However, the massive stallion reined her in as they reached the path that lead them to the Basin. He needed to keep her demeanor as a passive, steady, and stoney facade. They were here to speak to Ophelia, not cause qualms. After all, the Aurora Basin was the World's Edge's ally, and Archibald was always keen to keep those ties well.

Stopping the king looked around. About a yard away the sentinels cast their soulless eyes on him. Despite their large, metal, domineering stature the Dauntless was unphased by their stead at the gate. He was no enemy--and even if he was, Archibald was the Dauntless and would not succumb to fear or apprehension. Loretta stood on his left, shoulder pressed into his solid knee, and she was silent. Her amber eyes stared straight past the sentinels and into the tundra of the valley below. Despite them feeling summer, it was mild and it pleased both Loretta and the king.

"Ophelia, we seek counsel." His words were simple as he called out into the dim light of the morning, mist catching his breath from his bellow. The last time he stood on these borders he agreed to give his soldiers to battle--against his wishes--and today would not be so different. Ophelia was with him then, too, but as his Chieftess. Archibald did not possess the same mind and magic as the Forsaken did, but he knew well she did not agree to the contract they had signed in blood and gore all those seasons ago. She had stepped down, fled to the wilderness, found herself...and in time, Archibald had done the same.

[I cannot make a private thread in a herdland, but this is for OPHELIA only, PLEASE.]

Image Credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM