the Rift

[PRIVATE] mental machinations
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia saw Hotaru approach, the tension of the past few days bristling the hair on her spine. She was resolute, a marble pillar of force, unmoved. The strawberry mare approached, and she shook her head as captivating words caught her attention. Swiftly, though not rudely, she silenced the thief. ”Not here,” she said. ”The tent.” With swift steps, she ducked beneath the protective curtain of silence and then looked to Hotaru, eager to hear the rest of this story. Oxy had murdered Kou. The honesty flowed forth from Hotaru’s lips, and the pale princess did not once blink or reveal her inner most thoughts. All she felt was anger at the cruelty done to a child by this monster. Using him, manipulating him? A just revenge, indeed.

The plan was perfect, and she nodded once, succinctly. ”I have no love for Midas or his kin,” she hissed, bihued eyes growing dark with rage and malice. Midas, self-proclaimed do-gooder, was nothing but a sham. He cared about himself, always, and she had been a fool to think differently. Love was a word not reserved for the heart but spoken into ears of willing women, and Ktulu had been caught in the crossfire. Then, not even weeks past the murder of her firstborn, Midas had waltzed into her home with his pregnant, disabled bitch at his side. No… Ophelia held no loyalty to Midas.

”The Falls have been thorns since they denied Illynx an alliance. In the Threshold, I hear them call us names - say we are treacherous and racist. They hold true prejudice. When was the last time Midas, Africa or any of theirs came here to visit us? To talk of peace? I will not grovel for politeness, but I will take it by force.” Ophelia spoke clearly, head raised high in the air. She was a stone, powerful and beautiful at once, and she wanted revenge in all ways and for many things. Now, they all converged on a single enemy -- The Hidden Falls.

But no return of slight could simply be equal. She would destroy any hope of retaliation and avenge her sister and the Basin two-fold. Winning was not the end game. Annihilation was the cure. “We will not have to engage them alone,” she said. ”I have spoken with the leaders of the World’s Edge, and they seek to emerge from the shadow of the Moon Goddess. We can fight with them and secure the Hidden Falls for their purposes. Once accomplished, the World’s Edge will be free to do with what we wish. I know that this was your previous home, Deimos. I will leave you to decide if you wish to return to the forests of your past or remain here.”

Ophelia smirked. ”Also, Gaucho holds no love for Midas anymore - not since Midas watched as he threw himself before the gods. Only I stood at his side in support. I will speak to him, but he will not fight.” Ophelia looked between Deimos and Hotaru, mind whirling like a machine. ”We should, however, keep a small force here to protect our land from outcasts. Gaucho has taken Confutatis, but that does not mean we will be safe. Should you indicate I stay, I will, but I would personally love to wipe the self-righteous expression from Midas’ face…” The Lady snarled, ears pinning back against her skull with the force of her vehement emotions.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
mental machinations - by Hotaru - 03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Deimos - 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Hotaru - 03-31-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Deimos - 03-31-2015, 05:28 PM