the Rift

[OPEN] its not much

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I flew as far as I could, but the closer I got to the Basin the colder it got and the heavier the snow fell. I wouldn't have even been going that far north if it hadn't been for Mister Archibald telling me about Momma being with Auntie Ophelia. I knew Momma was hurting and I knew Auntie probably was to because I assumed she loved Hototo, too, and with her being the Lady of the Basin she was already busy. I didn't think Momma was a burden to Auntie, but I still wanted to say 'thank you' to her for taking care of Momma. I also wanted to hear straight from Auntie about how my Momma was because Mister Archibald didn't really have much of an answer for me and if this 'twin bond' thing was a powerful as he said then Auntie could answer a lot of my questions.

I shivered as I trudged through the snow because I certainly wasn't used to the snow. I'd lived in the Dragon's Throat for so long I'd become used to the heat. Even Frostfall there wasn't so bad. Nevertheless, I did not have a winter coat and the snow and ice bit into my hide like vicious wolves, making me wonder how anyone lived here all the time. I continued my walk, the amulets I'd found and had hanging around my neck clinked against one another, barely heard over the rushing wind that swept the snow everywhere.

I almost missed it, but there was a narrow pass tucked away in the grey stone that surrounded the basin. I slipped past it and took a minute to shake the snow from my body. I wasn't sure if the pass was the way to the Basin but I decided to check it out to be sure. If it wasn't I would just have to turn around, brave the snow again, and look for something else.

How far would I have to travel before I found my answer?

I pondered on that question as I walked and, in the end, I guess it was pure luck that I found the right mountain pass. I was confident, anyway, when I saw the big metal horses that I'd heard rumors of. I stopped and took a moment to admire them because they were ... interesting. I'd never seen anything like it before, but I couldn't spend all day looking at them, so I cleared my throat and called for her. "Auntie!" Wait ... "Err... Ophelia? Lady Ophelia?" I wasn't sure what to call her.

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
its not much - by Ranjiri - 03-31-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: its not much - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: its not much - by Ranjiri - 04-01-2015, 12:02 AM