the Rift

[OPEN] Blood Colored Sky [INVASION ATTACK OPENING]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Now, let’s be honest. Resplendence was far from okay with this entire situation. Her limbs were moving, sure, but that was merely because KAJ and ARCHIBALD had requested she come with. Racing. Her mind was racing in fifteen different directions as Valiance worked eagerly at braiding her mane and tail tightly up against her frame – to keep her line of sight decent. Rue was safely tucked up with Apollo at home in the Edge, though that idea did little to keep her from worrying. For, what would happen if someone attacked while they were gone? What if Rue was placed in the line of fire with no one who had healing powers able to help?

Her stomach was in knots, as she made this journey back toward the Falls (once her home when it was deemed the Foothills). She stayed close to KAJ for most of the journey as Valiance began to linger around from horse to horse, offering to braid their hair and keep it out of their way during the battle. ”Please, stay safe,” she begs KAJ, golden orbs lingering up to him. Yet, she also tries to press her maw up against his shoulder, her locket close to her heart reminding her that the family was the most important. ”I know you are strong. I know you can do this. Just… please come back,” she whispered and then turned to ROMANI, DESTRIER, MURDOCK, and THOR. Her eyes lingered upon each of them, concern radiating on her features, not because she didn’t believe in them, but because they were choosing to go into harm’s way. ”All of you, do your best to stay safe… Valiance can braid your hair tight, and out of the way if you wish…” There was a tremor in her voice as her eyes continued to switch from equine to equine. ”May the Gods protect you all… You are all my family, and I may not condone the violence but I will not sit idly by and not heal you. Just… promise me you shall all come back in one piece…”

So motivational Resplendence. Well done. Round of applause. Not. Though, I suppose that it would have to do. Alas, as they pulled up closer, Resplendence fell to the back of the pack – not wanting to get stuck in the fray of battle. She could not get hurt, she needed to stay there for Rue, for Quilyan, for everyone. Watching from the shadows she could see KAHLUA getting out of the harness which attached her to the cart, she could see ARCHIBALD’S armour snapping into place, and suddenly fear struck her heart. Her chest tightened, her mind panicked. That was the ARCHIBALD she was afraid of. That was the one that had lurked in her nightmares, the power that coursed through his veins. Then the ground shook and she had to steady herself in the shadows. Her eyes darting around, catching a glimpse of ALYSANNE from her half as all of the warriors sprang into action. ALYSANNE, though, seemed to be stuck in place – frozen in time. ”Valiance, get ALYSANNE’S attention. Snap her out of it!” Resplendence commanded in her head. There was only a swift nod from her maturing dragon before he shot through the trees and the darkness toward ALYSANNE. When he was right near her, he began to puff smoke in her direction. She needed to be able to move, she had to take in what was happening before her as much as she didn’t want to. Resplendence understood the pain, the sickness that it seemed to cause. She knew it because she had lived through it twice – two invasions from her past, and then there was the torture of her nightmares.

It is only once she can hear the clashing of flesh against flesh that she allows these words to slide from her lips, ”be safe and godspeed,” even though no one could hear her. Valiance scouted the field from above – taking in all that was happening and flashing his bonded images here and there: ARCHIBALD in all his glory; KAHLUA wandering aimlessly toward whomever would end up fighting her; AARON going after a white Pegasus; the Basin, well, being the Basin and stabbing the Falls in the back; KAJ still taking on his powerful air, radiating the strength she knew to be within his soul; and fake MIDAS a decoy to all unsuspecting victims.

My dears, might I say that the knots in this mare’s stomach were only growing. Her ear pinned back to her crest, and her limbs shuffling back and forth in place as she waited to see who required healing first. Valiance would let her know who needed her, how to get there safely, and when she to go. Until then… it was a waiting game...

SUMMARY FTW

[800/800] -- according to Microsoft Word

Resplendence follows Kaj toward the battle field and gives mild 'pep-talk' which basically was "COME BACK IN ONE PIECE PEOPLE I LOVE YOU ALL"

Valiance braids Resplendence and anyone else's mane in her half who wants their hair braided to keep it out of their way during battle.

Resplendence hides in the shadows when the rest of the fighters spring into action.

Valiance puffs smoke at ALYSANNE to get her to snap out of it.

RESPLENDENCE WILL NOT BE FIGHTING, SIMPLY HEALING

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blood Colored Sky [INVASION ATTACK OPENING] - by Resplendence - 04-02-2015, 01:09 AM