the Rift

[OPEN] GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
Auriel

I shudder against my sister as she flexes against me. All the fighting, all the horses. My eyes are struck wide with fear, and my breath hitches. The smoke that normally billows out of me seems to be suffocating me. Not only that, but she doesn't know where mom and dad are. Are they down there? I want to scream, to cry, to help, but I can't. Im small, useless, weak against them all. Mom isn't here to help. Dad isn't here to make me feel better. "Mommy! Daddy!" I scream. The fear that had been building within me is finally released. My breathing become erratic, and panic sets in. At least Shida seems to be taking this a little better. I can't see past the future though. I can't see what is going to happen, and that terrifies me.

Shida's intense yelling brings me back a little, and all I can do is look at her like she is a maniac. At least she can have fake courage, because I can't. She has to make enough confidence for the both of us? I remain in a haze, even as a part of the hill explodes next to us. At least that was just Shida, I know she won't hurt me. It's the large, mean stallions and mares down there. It is they who don't care. They don't care that the ones they are fighting have children. They don't care that we may not have parents anymore. They don't care. Even Shida's words glide past my ears, in one and out the other. Not even she can make this better. There was no exploding her way out of this. There was no running and hiding, or sleeping and hoping to wake up from a dream.

"What if they get killed." My voice is flat, emotionless. I don't even know what to feel anymore. I look over to Shida, almost expecting an answer, but I know she won't know. I lie down then, reaching my neck out to feel the soft grasses of autumn. For all I know, it will be the last time I ever get to sleep in my favorite spot. I won't be able to splash around in the wake of the falls. My life, my childhood- It's all gone. Bodies from both the Falls and the invaders flood in. I know mom is down there somewhere, and probably dad too. They're down there, getting beaten. It is then that I stand up, inhale, and I scream. I scream so goddamn loud that I give myself a headache. I leave the magic behind, because I can't hurt mom and dad. That doesn't stop me from screaming though, because they need to know what they are doing. My throat is raw, and the guttural plea for peace will just drift off in the wind of war. I cry then, and collapse next to Shida. I am not strong, there are not enough of us to do this. We are doomed, aren't we?

Coding by Tamme
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Auriel - 04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Africa - 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Ink - 04-01-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Syrena - 04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Bellisma - 04-01-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Auriel - 04-02-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Adelis - 04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Vincent - 04-04-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Bellisma - 04-05-2015, 07:40 AM