the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
[Image: Rishheader.jpg]

The fighting erupts like gunfire, a sudden explosion of pent up tensions and orderly chaos. The earth trembles beneath frantic hooves, almost of its own accord, as if it fears the mounting equine battle as a storm against its existence, its vacant and placid position in this world. Kali screams a response, still circling above the budding conflict; and behind it I watch, Maskan by my side, dark eyes scanning the breaking storm and heart thundering in my ears.

It came to us before we could spring, a bright flame weaving through the battlefield that made my breath catch. Asur...? but no, of course not. The unicorn looks nothing like my friend, except in color; he is slighter, he lacks the distinctive soldier's white, his mane hangs free and his eyes glow like sand. Swallowing my shock, I tense and spring into motion, but not before Maskan. With a glance at my brother I break from his side, I arch around the impending unicorn, nimbly avoiding his horn while Maskan's bulk slammed towards the approaching stallion. RICCIARDO'S attack was not without some odd degree of anger; what personal vendetta might the stallion have with me? Dark form swivels as I pass his left side, hoping that Maskan has him distracted enough that I might avoid flailing hooves; at the last moment I lash out, aiming a half buck at the flaming unicorn's hocks. For an instant I consider looping back, using my gift on this brute; but I know full well how capable my brother is of holding his own. I am not needed here.

Dainty hooves shove into soft ground as I stretch my body out, heading for the nearest clump of fighters. To our left, a clump of fighters surges. I can barely make out wings surrounded by piercing horns; Kali flashes an image of the pegasus general surrounded by two unicorns and what appears to be a goat. Kali seems to think that the goat will make a tasty treat; I wish she would be more cautious, but there is no time for me to dwell on that. No time for anything, really, except to grab sight of the nearest unicorn and focus.

Long limbs tense and release as I dart at LENA, coming around her left. I aim my right shoulder at her haunch, hoping that the force of my greater weight will throw her off balance and buy Azzuen some time. Teeth snap in tandem, bites aimed for her fleshy right elbow, her long mane, anything I can grab hold of. I shove away from her abruptly, body poised to use her own mass as a springboard for my retreat, ears laid back and nostrils flared. The thrill of fighting is foreign and terrifying, sudden excitement at the idea of hurting too strong to be comfortable with. With a snort I leap back towards the maiden, rearing now onto slender hind legs; I am formidable in my height, and I hope she fears me, fears it as I lash at her barrel with gold-flecked hooves, aiming for ribs and entrails, so much destruction.

Kali, meanwhile, has fixated her attention on AURELIUS; with a deafening screech she dives at him, long talons outstretched as the pony retreated from Azzuen's side. She aims for his neck, careful to avoid bony horns, aiming to puncture artery and suffocate the creature. Still smaller than the one she thinks to be a goat, the gryphon does not dare try to lift him; her first assault done, she rises into the air once more, a swift retreat before diving back down to where the pony stood, intent on harrying the poor creature until he became her dinner.

[ 616 words
Rishima dodges Ricciardo, tries to kick his haunches, and runs around Lena, ramming her right shoulder against Lena's left side while biting at the mare. She then rears and kicks at Lena's barrel, more to intimidate than anything else.
Kali dives at Aurelius, trying to grab his neck with her talons. She lets go and flies up again, before diving back down to harry him. ]

[Image: Rishifooter.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Rishima - 09-23-2012, 07:37 PM